Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I put my 307 5dr hatch through an automatic carwash yesterday to find a reasonably large volume of water was pouring from above the roof lining at the top of the windscreen (behind the rear view mirror) and falling directly onto the gear gaiter and cup holder base. This is the second time in succession in recent weeks that this has happened, but it was fine a few weeks ago. I can see a rough outline of water mark damage around the front reading light.

Any idea where the leak may be coming from? I have checked and tested (with a hose) the seal at the top of the windscreen and the ariel at the rear and no water was coming through, so I am confused as to what is allowing water to come through in the carwash (other than the fact that the volume of water is greater than what I can create with my hose).

I hope you can help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could be the carwash brush is disturbing the rubber seal and if the bopnding has started to fail could allow water in.
Bonding doesn't fail; people do.

Water ingress from above the rear view mirror is very common after a windscreen replacement (by an incompetent fitter it must be said). It's usually where they lean across and butt-up the join.

Another cause might be the antenna (if there is a roof mounted one at the front) or sunroof (if it has one).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
can you get a new sunroof seal? or would you need to replace the whole lot? glass man

why am asking I had a small leak and used some sealant and it worked but I would rather fix it as want to use it during the summer

·
Registered
10 Posts
can you get a new sunroof seal? or would you need to replace the whole lot? glass man

why am asking I had a small leak and used some sealant and it worked but I would rather fix it as want to use it during the summer
Is it a factory one, or aftermarket?

Sourcing individual sunroof parts can be tricky/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts