Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am new to the forums so hi to all! :)

I recently bought a Peugeot 307 and I love this small sporty car (3 door, 2.0HDI 2003). I noticed that on my wiper stalk there is a button with two arrows pointing towards the steering wheel. The button, however, didn't work so I decided to remove the top switch only without actually taking of the rear wiper switch to see if the metal plate inside is broken. After watching a youtube tutorial it seemed pretty straight forward but unfortunately I have disconnected the ribbon (or the very long wire leading into the steering wheel column).

I have read (and yes used a search option; and yes I know this thread was discussed numerous of times) that the only way to fix this is to replace the whole indicator stalk unit as they only come in full built units.

Does anyone here has any tips on how to remove it or maybe I missed out on something and there is a way to actually reconnect the long cable back into the unit?

Thanks for all the replies,
Kacper.

·
Registered
437 Posts
When I did mine I also pulled the ribbon out.

It can be refitted but involves removing and dismantling the whole Comm unit. NOT something you want to do unless you are very patient and methodical.

If you do want to have a go at fixing it then bear in mind that dismantling the unit is very fiddly and you do run the risk of damaging it beyond repair but the alternative is to replace the unit so if you're patient it's probably worth a try.

If you do try and fix it, make sure the wheels are centered before removal and tape the air bag ribbon in place the minute the unit is removed otherwise you'll probably lose its position and break the ribbon.

Also the indicator self cancelling function can be lost upon re-assembly so have a good look at it to ensure that it's going back together correctly.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Or if you are in the UK and live near enough you could contact Trustme who repairs the comm units. A very reliable and trustworthy member of this forum. I think he lives in Bradford.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I believe it is too late to check the part number since my parcel arrived. It was a 2005 407 model. Wish me luck that it fits!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts