Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my peugeot 307 sw injector control fuse number 4 fuse 10 amp. Keeps blowing every time I try to start the car, so car not working. It cranks but wont fire up as the fuse would blow straight away. Anyone could help please

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Fuse is blowing because there is a wiring short most likely on main engine loom check wiring behind starter and check the fuel pump and the vacuum solenoid wiring

The fuse is not for the injectors they dont have a fuse it is for the ecu

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I had to take the car battery out again last night because it was dead again. The thing is the when I'm charging The battery it says it flate then the next thing it say it nearly full and then it drop back down and it dying quick when it been sat in car with in days. So my question. Is could this be causing the fuse to blow every time? I'm going to check the things you mentioned tomorrow as I have all day to do it. Thanks

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
You are drip feeding info when i asked what had been done i meant ANYTHING whatever is blowing the fuse is most likely also causing your battery drain.

Battery going flat and not being careful disconnecting/reconnecting could be the real reason for it not starting read about the 3 minute rule its important.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi I got out and had quick look at the starter motor to day and found that the cables that are attached to it are corroded. What should I do. Wire brush them or replace them. And could this be the course for the fuse blowing Every time I try to start the car and it won't?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts