Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
196 Posts
1351 - Glowplugs or relay need replacing, but sometimes appears erroneously
1461 - Air con probably needs re-gassing

The rest are EGR problems and probably need a new electrovalve or a good clean. I've never messed with the EGR myself so might want to wait for a second opinion

Do you have any symptoms? Does the car feel sluggish at all?

Is it a 1.6 (90 or 11) or 2.0l (90, 110, 136)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any symptoms? Does the car feel sluggish at all?

Is it a 1.6 (90 or 11) or 2.0l (90, 110, 136)?
Thanks for your prompt reply, appreciate it.
No symptoms, car drives fine like it was before the light came on. The car is 307 sw 1.6 hdi 90 s

·
Registered
182 Posts
is it not the dpf or erg? these codes?
maybe sensor pipes off on the "differential vaves sensors" in the front of the car engine? or is this model behind the battery?
these ebayapi-loc8apartltd.netdna-ssl.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/TMoAAOSw9GhYmOWA/$_1.JPG

all pipes and plugs on? no split pipes all the way to erg or dpf, i have a diffrent model 2001 so may not be the same

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Ignore the P1351.

It appears as though there is an electrical gremlin - I'd be tempted to say the EGR is faulty. If you get the car on Peugeot Planet or Diagbox, you can test if the actuator is working.

Otherwise, as previously suggested, you can take the EGR out and clean it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@PeugoetD

Yes, that part attached in your pictures is actually situated between the battery and the engine. I had a quick look and I found one pipe was loose. I am going to check this on Friday and take more pictures and post here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@jimmymarsbar

I am going to take EGR and give it a good clean and see what happens. by the way, it is ok to use petrol (the one you get from the petrol station) with a brush to clean it, instead of Petroleum ether!? Just asking to see if I can buy one litter on my way home.

·
Registered
182 Posts
@jimmymarsbar

I am going to take EGR and give it a good clean and see what happens. by the way, it is ok to use petrol (the one you get from the petrol station) with a brush to clean it, instead of Petroleum ether!? Just asking to see if I can buy one litter on my way home.
did it make any diffrence once you put it back on? LIke they say if it aint broke, dont fix it, on the safe side I use "diesel quick start" to clean things. Just incase.. that is if you have a diesel.

Just a side note, question why it was off. Did it pop off becuase of too much presure or something slowly pulling it off. Sometimes it can lead to the real problem, but if its fine back on and does not come off after a few miles, then its fine?

Not to scare you but from what I seen on my car, is that when tubes are popping of either ERG or DPF blocked and building up pressure to make them pop off. I could be wrong so dont panic. Might just been fitted loose or something pulled it off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@PeugoetD

Yes, that's a good idea, I will try to use diesel as it is a diesel car. the last time car was serviced, it was done by some doggy garage. I will try to clean EGR this coming Friday as I have some time and see what happens. I also bought some Glowplug, will change them as car has trouble starting up when it is too cold.

will post this weekend my findings.

·
Registered
182 Posts
@PeugoetD

Yes, that's a good idea, I will try to use diesel as it is a diesel car. the last time car was serviced, it was done by some doggy garage. I will try to clean EGR this coming Friday as I have some time and see what happens. I also bought some Glowplug, will change them as car has trouble starting up when it is too cold.

will post this weekend my findings.
Diesel quick start is a can aerosal spray. Halfords might have them. Diesel itself is more like a oil.

My pug starts now in -10 degrees within 2 swings. Was not always like this.
Things to check is

Feul filter
Non return valve on the fuel filter housing (mine was bust and flow went both ways. ended up putting in a inline non return valve, but yours could be one unit? on mine it was the little pipe on the round filter housing. real pain to get off and not crack, touch and go with two hammers, one to wack the wood handel of the other on the splines to open it) Scarry stuff.
I also replaced the bushes on my starter motor, but that was becuase the wires were smoking after been worn down.
Used the quick start to clean the maf inside the air filter pipe.

I also replaced the fire seals on my injectors but only becuase I suspected it was leaking and while I was there cleaned off the tips of the with all the crud buildup, but again if you take them out they need new fire seals and you have to be super carefull with them as they percistion built items. as they say, if it aint broke dont fix them.

I am now busy doing my DPF and after that going to give the ERG blanking a go ;)

BTW i did read someone cleaining theirs with petrol. Its up too you how you want to do it, just make sure its dry before you put it all back.

Also ERG can cause cars to be difficult to start when blocked and not closing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts