Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The drivers side sill on my Peugeot 307 sw seems to be full of water. I think the culprit may be the seal at the bottom of the windscreen - I need to get some sealant onto that.

I can hear the water moving around in there when slowing/stopping at low speeds - it sounds like there is quite a lot of it. I have seen a few people mention that there are drainage holes in the sills which sometimes get blocked, and which need a screwdriver pushed through them - but for the life of me I can't see them. Does anyone know specifically where they are please and what they look like?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a last bump in case anyone can help please! I can't see any drainage holes anywhere. Maybe I should drill some myself!

·
Registered
7 Posts
just did this on my 2004 1.6hdi (110) about 30mins ago:

at the front end, underside of the sill, there's 2 10mm headed bolts holding a panel. just unscrew one or two of them and the water will drain out. I've left one out for now until the ingress issue has been sorted.

might be worth checking the footwell as well. I lifted the rubber mat on the surface and the whole footwell is saturated with water :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just did this on my 2004 1.6hdi (110) about 30mins ago:

at the front end, underside of the sill, there's 2 10mm headed bolts holding a panel. just unscrew one or two of them and the water will drain out. I've left one out for now until the ingress issue has been sorted.

might be worth checking the footwell as well. I lifted the rubber mat on the surface and the whole footwell is saturated with water :confused:
Superb! Thanks a lot Dicksy. I tried this tonight and it worked perfectly. I left the car draining water like a tap. I think it will have gone on for quite a while. Like you I still need to sort the ingress issue but at least the 10 litres of water have gone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad it helped!. I think, for me, an unsealed scuttle panel is the culprit for my water ingress. I found this link yesterday on how to reseal it. If it's not sealed correctly then I believe the water misses the drainage holes and falls behind the bulkhead and into the footwells and/or sills. Or the drainage holes are blocked. either way the scuttle needs to come off.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/exterior-56/how-reseal-307-windscreen-scuttle-102970/

it's going to be my little project tonight. it's not too difficult to do, but I thought I'd try it before I even think about drying the floors

1 - 8 of 8 Posts