Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all! I'm new at this forum. I'm very desperate and I need help.
I have a peugeot 307 and every now and then I get an ENGINE MANAGMENT FAULT code and the engine goes to limp mode. I got the following fault codess at the local peugeot service. P1158, P0121 and P1134. The codes indicated that the throttlebody was busted, so I bought a new one. A few weeks went by and then the faults came back. Can anyone tell me where the problem is?
One moore thing. It's winter here in Finland and I noticed that the engine temperature gage doesn't show that the engine would warm up. After an hour of driving the OBD tester showd that the engine was only about 50 centigrades warm. So I guess that the thermostat is also broken, but could it be guilty to any of the fault codes?
Thank's for any help I can get and happy holydays to you all!
ps. sorru for my poor english :eek:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Dont know a lot about petrols but code P0121 points towards throttle postion sensor,
P1134 + P1158 point towards your O2 sensor suggesting its running rich which it probably will be if its not getting upto normal running temp and something about its cycle time.

Really best to get the codes read using peugeot planet

If it were me i would check and test the thermostat or just renew it (sounds like it is stuck open) and then clear the codes.
And see if it then gets up to temp properly and see if the codes come back.

If it gets upto normal temp and the same codes come back i would be looking at the O2 sensor unless someone more knowledgable can suggest a better approach

Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts