Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising , the car starts to jerk ( the higher cruise speed the more violent the jerk seems), it looses power 1-2 seconds before regaining normal function.
This happened a few times with several months between. Recently this jerking is followed by an ESP/ASR warning light. This clears out whenever i restart.

After the first jerking, i though it was the clutch giving out/slipping. But this seems fine.
After the second time, i changed the diesel filter and the the air filter. It seemed to run nicely a couple of months. Before returning and givin esp/asr warning as well.

What can be the issues here?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Do you have a code reader? I doubt the jerking and loss of power are related but the jerking/loss of power does seem fuel related. Try draining the fuel filter into a glass or something like that to check for signs of water in the fuel.

·
6,415 Posts
The ESP/ASR could be a red herring and being triggered by bad torque data from the engine ecu due to the poor running. The other possibility is that the ABS/ESP system has a fault and keeps triggering traction control.

As above you need to read the codes with Planet/Diagbox or similar to get ABS codes as well as engine to be 100% a normal code reader will only normally provide engine data

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a code reader? I doubt the jerking and loss of power are related but the jerking/loss of power does seem fuel related. Try draining the fuel filter into a glass or something like that to check for signs of water in the fuel.
Probably should get a code read out.

however this first started a year back , intermittent and at low speed and high speed. 4-5 times. 4 of theese usually at warm days and at medium load.
I called my peugeot mechanic, who said he thought it was due to dpf regeneration. I disagreed due to the jerking was to much for a normal regeneration. Checked the clutch,
i got the diesel filter changed , and air filter changed.end of summer, problem went away. This spring it jerked, and this was the first time the esp light popped up at thf same time. This went away when i restarted.
Then during 3 months it has happened twice, both jerks triggering esp warning. Last time weather was hot.

noticed that i seem to have a small oil leak on top of one of the injectors, maybe the jerk is due to compression or misfire? Can this trigger esp due to jerk/shake?

i had it just pass standard biannual european check. It failed the first emission test, and it seems they «repaired» something before passing the second emission test. Most likely they did a regeneration.

So i am struggling to make sense of this and whether it is two separate issues or one big one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ESP/ASR could be a red herring and being triggered by bad torque data from the engine ecu due to the poor running. The other possibility is that the ABS/ESP system has a fault and keeps triggering traction control.

As above you need to read the codes with Planet/Diagbox or similar to get ABS codes as well as engine to be 100% a normal code reader will only normally provide engine data
Seems like code reading is a must. I’ll try to get theese, to get more input.
my local dealer believed clogged dpf to be the reason, but strangely i have not got any anti pollution fault or similar.

A colleague, former mechanic believed a bad connection on the esp to be the issue. As you state above. This makes sense, however the first jerks last year did not trigger esp.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi, I don't know if this will help but here goes.
I had a problem with my Citroen DS3. It suddenly went into limp mode and the ABS/ESP light came on and the display read ABS/ESP fault. I connected it up to Lexia diagnostics ( Planet for Citroens) and it came up with Injector 4 fault. The fault then went away for a day but came back again the following day. I took it to a local garage and he found that the little tag on the wiring connector to the injector had broken causing a poor connection. 2 cable ties later and the car performs perfectly.

It shows that although the car was saying ABS/ESP fault it was nothing to do with that at all. It was the rough running that triggered the fault.

I think you will have to get proper diagnostics done with Planet or you could find yourself looking in totally the wrong direction.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, I don't know if this will help but here goes.
I had a problem with my Citroen DS3. It suddenly went into limp mode and the ABS/ESP light came on and the display read ABS/ESP fault. I connected it up to Lexia diagnostics ( Planet for Citroens) and it came up with Injector 4 fault. The fault then went away for a day but came back again the following day. I took it to a local garage and he found that the little tag on the wiring connector to the injector had broken causing a poor connection. 2 cable ties later and the car performs perfectly.

It shows that although the car was saying ABS/ESP fault it was nothing to do with that at all. It was the rough running that triggered the fault.

I think you will have to get proper diagnostics done with Planet or you could find yourself looking in totally the wrong direction.
Thanks , will do. The mechanics were suppose to give a call today.

but it is interesting, as i have a leak on the injector head the one away from the turbo. It seeps oil, had one on the opposite side earlier. And was told by the workshop this was a common weakness with the hdi running hot and ruining the copper gasket.
Also noticed that the vibrations has made some cables on the top of the engine rub against the plastic lid, and rub through cable protector and possible insulation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody know what fault readers can read out spesific peugeot fault codes? Seems the "peugeot planet# can do, but wonder if the
icarsoft IV2 can do similar

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So here is the latest results:

Fault readings are P1351,P0335,U1208

So the P0335 seems to relate to the rpm signal coming from crankshaft. So it seems this relates to the crankshaft sensor pins in connector , at least that is what they say is the issue " found fault on connector rpm sensor"

The first one is the preheaters , the last one i have no idea what is.

So the question is now, do i only change the connector and leave the sensor? Or do I need to change the wires, conector and sensor?
Also it seems the camshaft sensor is close to the multi/aux belt behind the lid.
But where is the Crankshaft sensor?

·
6,415 Posts
U1208 if no communication between BSI and engine ECU, however i have seen it logged for other comm faults. Check the plug on you ABS pump for corrosion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts