Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys im after some help before i end up bald from ripping my hair up.
I have a peugeot 307 2.0l petrol, ive had it for 6 months now and its been fine apart from 7 weeks ago.
I was out with my daughter and stopped for fuel then carried on with my journey, About 9 miles down the road whilst driving my car cut out it was still runningn but no power or rev's. My dad came out to me as i didnt dare touch anything when he got to me 10-15 mins later the car was fine and he said to carry on.. On my way home it done it again on a bend (still with my little girl in the car) after leaving the engine off for 30 seconds it alowd me to start again and move on.
Its been doing it ever since bar the odd good day it decides to have.
Im worried sick all the time when i have to use the car ive had a garage look at it and they checked all the intake and egr im not sure what else to do as using the car scares me as it gives me no warning it just drops all power and revs ans i have no choice but to stop and leave it for a minute or two before carrying on.

Forgot to mention i also haven no engine light or anything come up as a light or warning.?!
Any ideas i would be so gratefull or even if someone would like to have a look for me as i dont want to keep throwing money at it and getting no where

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Throttle Position Sensor

but...before spending any more money on it, find a member close to you that holds peugeot planet, get a full diagnostic on your car...will cost beer tokens...click the link below.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked on map the people close to me are-

btsimonh - Ipswich, England

rogersimons - i live in a little village called edwardstone just outside of sudbury suffolk , England

Could someone help me get in contact with them as im not sure how to.
And thank you very much for your advice its something we hadnt thought of so will get it checked out.

R

·
0 Posts
not a problem bud if you can get to me we can hook it up and have a look at it.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
My dad and partner have already done diagnostics, came up with nothing as it didnt stop for the whole hour or so we were investigating
What were they using?

If any light came on at the time it stopped it will be in the cars fault log which you can only read with PP2000.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What were they using?

If any light came on at the time it stopped it will be in the cars fault log which you can only read with PP2000.
sorry i thought i had put that. When it stops there are no dash lights or warnings that come up it liturally just cuts power and i have to stop turn it off leave it a sec then i can move on again

R

·
0 Posts
i had same problems with a 307 turnt out to be the high pressure fuel pump (exspensive job) hope its not that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
same problem

Hi there. did you ever get to the bottom of your issue with the car stopping? My Diesel 307 has done this same thing 4 times in the last 3 months - very scary.:eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys im after some help before i end up bald from ripping my hair up.
I have a peugeot 307 2.0l petrol, ive had it for 6 months now and its been fine apart from 7 weeks ago.
I was out with my daughter and stopped for fuel then carried on with my journey, About 9 miles down the road whilst driving my car cut out it was still runningn but no power or rev's. My dad came out to me as i didnt dare touch anything when he got to me 10-15 mins later the car was fine and he said to carry on.. On my way home it done it again on a bend (still with my little girl in the car) after leaving the engine off for 30 seconds it alowd me to start again and move on.
Its been doing it ever since bar the odd good day it decides to have.
Im worried sick all the time when i have to use the car ive had a garage look at it and they checked all the intake and egr im not sure what else to do as using the car scares me as it gives me no warning it just drops all power and revs ans i have no choice but to stop and leave it for a minute or two before carrying on.

Forgot to mention i also haven no engine light or anything come up as a light or warning.?!
Any ideas i would be so gratefull or even if someone would like to have a look for me as i dont want to keep throwing money at it and getting no where
Kirsty, did you ever get this sorted (I know you posted this a year ago!)
I have a Peugeot 207 1.4 HDI diesel, and have the same problem, yet I get a warning light 'fault - oil pressure too low' yet it is full of oil.
It is quite scary, not knowing if it is going to happen again or not!! I've had two diagnostic tests which have come up clear!

·
Registered
4 Posts
David - have you had any luck - I see your post is quite recent. I have a Peugeot 207 1.4 HDI diesel, and have the same problem, yet I get a warning light 'fault - oil pressure too low' yet it is full of oil.
It is quite scary, not knowing if it is going to happen again or not!! I've had two diagnostic tests which have come up clear!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Service!

David - have you had any luck - I see your post is quite recent. I have a Peugeot 207 1.4 HDI diesel, and have the same problem, yet I get a warning light 'fault - oil pressure too low' yet it is full of oil.
Hi there - sorry for late reply. I have taken my 307 to a local non Peugeot garage run by a long standing friend. he plugged into diagnostic box and it came up with 4 errors not sure why Peugeot dealer didnt pick up at least one of these. Im picking it up in an hour or so and will post you back with the findings but he did sound hopeful!!:)

D

·
0 Posts
Engine bay fusebox.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts