Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
peugeot 307 HDI cc starting problem EGR

:confused:Hi im new to this site & hope someone can help with my question .
I have a starting problem with my 307 hdi 2.0 cc its draining the battery fast & there is no battery light showing on the dashboard .Halfords have done a diagnostic test on the car & they have told me its showing a EGR fault & that this is the cause of problem .Would this be correct as I cant under stand why this would cause a none start & why there would be a lack of battery light showing on the dashboard also it starts fine if its jump started .Any help would be appreciated .

·
Registered
253 Posts
Check the two pin connector block which probably has one wire on the alternator for corrosion.

Put the battery on trickle charge overnight too.

Does the vehicle beep at you when on first turn over?

If it does it is a sign the battery is getting weak or not holding/accepting charge.

What fault code did Halfords give you and I will try and help you.

Kind regards Adam.

·
11,711 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the replies to my question I have the diagnostics report back from Halfords autocentre now it reads Battery Discharged , Vehicle does not start , Intermittent fault P1471 EGR valve open circuit. . They tried to restart the car but it would not start trying to turn over but would not start ,they tried a jump pack on it still would not start .they then disconnected the battery from the car left it for 2-3 minuets reconnected the battery the car started fine , I drove the car for about 15minuets turned the engine off & trouble starting again .

·
11,711 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts