Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone I am hoping someone can help me with my problem .

I have recently bought a Peugeot 307 1.6 se. It has recently had it's MOT and had a full service. The mileage is 52k.

However soon after I bought it I realized that each time I change from 1st to the second gear or vice versa there is a slight squeaking sound that lasts for a second and it does seem that the car jerks a little ( very slight jerking). Sometimes it squeaks when I go over bumps.

Please can anyone tell me whether it is something to worry about it and what the problem could be. Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i had this fault in mine and was a right pain in the tits...

never got down to what it is, i guess it was something to do with the rear suspension or axel

·
11,766 Posts
i had this fault in mine and was a right pain in the tits...

never got down to what it is, i guess it was something to do with the rear suspension or axle
Ditto. I just greased whatever I could and that seemed to cure things for a while.

It always seemed worse when it was warm and dry, and quiet when wet so I assumed it was some rubber bush that was expanding in the heat, and getting water lubrication when dry.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i was told once it was the join in the exhaust, apparently there is a gauze and just needs copper grease...when i was getting round to it, i wrote the car off! :lol:

·
11,766 Posts
Hmm, speaking of exhausts mine also got noticeably quieter when I replaced that exhaust bracket that sits in the rear nearside wheel arch. But again, I copper greased it when I changed it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same here to be honest, if im a bit brutal with the clutch it squeaks, as if the engine is slightly rocking back and forth and rubbing against something
may take a look tomorrow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. Il see whether some grease can be applied. I noticed that the car squeaked whilst I applied the accelerator when I was in third gear. What could cause the car jerking ? Possible that I'm being too harsh with the clutch?

·
Registered
96 Posts
From my experience, you have to be quite soft with the clutch, not engaging it too quickly, otherwise the ride could be quite jerky, particularily in lower gears where the majority of your power is, it took me a while to get used to, after driving an old citroen zx diesel for two years I was quite brutal with the clutch took me a while to get used to having 'grandad feet'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So its a matter of being less harsh with the clutch and greasing the exhaust? It's just that when the vehicle was jerking in Low gears and making the odd squeak sounds when I changed gear or accelerated it was a worry as the two were happening at the same time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The jolt is causing the squeak, slap a bit of grease on it will sort your squeak as for the jolting, I would try bringing your revs up a bit higher and engaging the clutch slowly when setting off a garage may be able to help adjusting the clutch, unfortunately clutches aren't my forte but that's how I manage to cope

1 - 11 of 11 Posts