Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my car is 307, mod 2004, petrol manual gear box. when am speeding at less than 60 km/hr, every time i take my leg off the speed pedal , i hear a squeak noise (a very short sharp squeak) when i speed over 60 km/hr and take me foot off the speed pedal, no sound is made, if i decelerate less than 60 , speed up a bit then take off my foot, the sound pops up again ! it only happens when i take my leg off the speed pedal or when change gear at low speeds and then press on the speed pedal to accelerate or decelerate. any idea why?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
dany307 said:
my car is 307, mod 2004, petrol manual gear box. when am speeding at less than 60 km/hr, every time i take my leg off the speed pedal , i hear a squeak noise (a very short sharp squeak) when i speed over 60 km/hr and take me foot off the speed pedal, no sound is made, if i decelerate less than 60 , speed up a bit then take off my foot, the sound pops up again ! it only happens when i take my leg off the speed pedal or when change gear at low speeds and then press on the speed pedal to accelerate or decelerate. any idea why?

i'll be watching this very closely as i have a very similar problem, along with travelling at around 20mph i get a constant squeeking, so one day on my adventures of trying to break then fix my car. i come across a bent metal plate near the brakes and abs sensor - behind the disk. so i went all out with a spanner and bent it back. now i dont have constant squeeking when at around 20 mph but i still get what your describing above. seen a few good mates who work in garages and they say it could be the bushes... when i get some dough together i might invest.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It will be the exhaust squeaking. Where the centre pipe joins the front it needs taking apart and apply some copper grease to the metal gauze.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
bluetyler said:
It will be the exhaust squeaking. Where the centre pipe joins the front it needs taking apart and apply some copper grease to the metal gauze.
is this an easy job for a total novice, or a garage visit?

if it is easy, is it just mounts off the center, undo clips for joints then pull and the gauze is attached to either the front or center?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i think ill just wait until the front and middle exhaust goes, just had a new back box fitted, they said the middle and front are a little rusty with a small hole in front section... ill just wait till it dies, saves me money and that until then...time to be reactive then proactive i thinks. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts