Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive just bought a 307 hdi d turbo and realised that the sound system is really poor!!! im installing my own mp3 player and have bought some auto leads adapters and patch so i can keep using my stalk adapter. can anyone tell me if the display will still work or will i lose that?

secondly does anyone know the speaker sizes for the 307 so i can upgrade including the tweeters? thanx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pos. Max ø mm. Max Depth mm.
- A ---- 48 ----------- 53
- C3 -- 165 ----------- 85
- F3 -- 156 ----------- 80

A = Tweeters
C3 = Front Doors
F3 = Rear Doors

With regard to the MP3 loom - unless you can get the connectors from Tyco the original part from Peugeot is the best option - at this time I don't think there is a CANBUS - iPod interface for the later 307's.

S

·
0 Posts
The speakers are the following sizes..

17cm front, 13cm rear

Thats for a 5 door though, not sure on a 3 door :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks a lot stubbo.

can you recommend which speakers should i put in?
2-way speaker sistem in front and the same in the back doors?

S

·
0 Posts
You can get away with some 3 ways in the front if you want them, but 2 ways should be fine!

Best you'll probably get in the rears is 2 way

Saying that my rears are just the woofers from a set of components, still looking for a way to mount the crossovers/tweeters somewhere in the rear!

:thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
tweeters are already inside of dashboard, that's why i thought i should think about 2-way speakers, in the front

my rears are just the woofers from a set of components
components? i don't understand that

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok, thanks again stubbo :)

i'll go for 2-way in front and i have one set of 2-way 13cm to try them in the back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi,

today i tried to put my new speakers in and i ran onto some trouble :)

i wanted to remove the panel, unscrewed all the screws and couldn't get anything off. i didn't want to use force cause i could brake something.

you have any advice how to get the panels down, to gain access to speakers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had a chat with our local peugeot dealer and oh my god.

you have to take down the whole panel to get to the speakers.
you have to be an expert to change speakers in peugeot 307.

S

·
0 Posts
Its really easy...

There are only 2 screws holding them, one in the window control bit (remove this completely)

Then one at the back of the door, ie near the locking mechanism

The rest of the panel is held on by pop clips (some of which will more than likely break, cheap enough off ebay though)

Pop the bottom ones first then work up the panel

Piece of cake!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i've tried to change speakers, but i couldn't do it :)

now some plastic noise is coming from left back doors :)

looks like i broke those holders inside :)

S

·
0 Posts
Forgot about the handle!

All you do is use a thin screwdriver to prise the trim off, and i think the actual handle stays in place, you dont need to remove it!

will confirm that later when i get the chance to look!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try to find some clips! Be carefull because these clips can easily be broken even though you are an experience technician.

Unfortunately this is the Peugeot philosophy! You have to be trouble in even if you want to change just a lamp.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guys,
Sorry to bump such an old thread but I've been googling and searching, I just cannot find anything about the rear speakers...

I'm about to upgrade the speakers in my 307 (54) 2.0 HDI and I'm planning on adding some 13cm speakers to the rear. At the moment I dont get any sound at all from the rear of the car... Any ideas why? I found one thread saying the same thing and he said the wires were connected in the door but missing from the head unit connection... Any ideas what I need to look for to sort this?

Cheers in advance :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts