Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

In need of a little help, I have what appears to be two oil leaks.. I don't know a huge amount about cars but by the two photos you should get an idea of where the leaks are.

If anyone could point me in the direction of what I need to check or fix it would be a huge help

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hiya

In need of a little help, I have what appears to be two oil leaks.. I don't know a huge amount about cars but by the two photos you should get an idea of where the leaks are.

If anyone could point me in the direction of what I need to check or fix it would be a huge help

Thanks
There's a seal between, the gearbox and the engine, through the constant velocity joint axle.

Or check the oil nut.
Or check if there's crack or a hit on the carter( bottom of the engine).

Wach the car first to make the search clearer.
Regards and report

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you might be right with the seal between, the gearbox and the engine, I've also noticed a build up of oil under the battery does this fit with this type of leak?
Where should I be looking for this seal leak? And how much would I be looking at to fix it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you might be right with the seal between, the gearbox and the engine, I've also noticed a build up of oil under the battery does this fit with this type of leak?
Where should I be looking for this seal leak? And how much would I be looking at to fix it?
Send a picture about the leak under the battery,
If it was the seal i mean, you would need a technical, to remove the axle first from the gearbox, and then replace the old one, doing by ur self at first time is difficult, and risky

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First two are front end, in one of the photos theirs a drip off the bottom of the belt area and in the other its under the gear box, after cleaning the belt seems to have gone for now but there's streaks around the gearbox/clutch casing below the buildup of oil in the second two photos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What do these two pipes in the pic do as they both seem to have oil/liquid around the seals and are above the area under the battery that's been full of oil? The two pipes are under the air filter.. I've now cleaned the area and will be looking out for drips.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts