Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, following an unfortunate run through a deep puddle I had to have the engine on my 2002 Peugeot changed for a second hand unit. The new (used) engine is in good order and starts easily and idles within limits. All indications and warnings light go out as they should. From idle the engine revs freely but there is a slight flat spot at approx. 1000 RPM before the engine picks up again. Under load the engine seems to pull OK but hesitates on acceleration, going up hill the car is sluggish but again picks up. The ECU is not reporting any error codes. I have checked engine timing, checked for vacuum leaks and checked spark plug gaps and all seem OK. The ECU has been checked and is OK also. At a loss. Can anyone help/advise please. DSD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you and I hadn't expected such an immediate answer. Engine is 1800 I believe. Once again thank you. DSD

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
There isn't a 1.8, it'll be a 1.4, 1.6 or 2litre,

Is there excessive smoke when accelerating? If so, what colour?

It's worth checking the air filter condition, check for leaks in the air supply, fuel supply etc, but as before it's best getting the live data

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again thanks. I've checked and its a 1.6 - sorry. Air cleaner is new and the airways have been cleaned. I'll certainly look at the live data.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts