Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2007 Peugeot 307 Sport. It has all the extras except bluetooth, so I'm wondering if I get a genuine bluetooth radio out of a 307 that has bluetooth and turn it on with Diagbox will it work or do I need more? Cheers in advance

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 2007 Peugeot 307 Sport. It has all the extras except bluetooth, so I'm wondering if I get a genuine bluetooth radio out of a 307 that has bluetooth and turn it on with Diagbox will it work or do I need more? Cheers in advance
The headunit itself will likely be the same, there is a bluetooth ECU that you will need, and the microphone for calls (if you want to use it for calls)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And also will I need to change the display unit on the dash? I have the normal one in mine but will I have to put in the bigger one? (The sat nav one)

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you have AUX input on your radio you can do all in few steps.You should buy bluetooth 12V unit as independant device.I bought mine on Aliexpress and it works perfect.(I cant post link becouse i dont have enough posts here to be able to do that).All what you have to do is to put it in some plastic box and connect it to AUX input of your radio.This means very easy setup to make and have all done fast.

If you dont have AUX input then you can do something else :) .You can buy FM transmiter device which works on 12V (designed for car) which has AUX input.Then you can connect bluetooth device to it and simply find it as radio station and done.You can write that channel to memory of the radio and with simple click you can have bluetooth selected.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
An fm transmitter will not require an aux input. The trouble with both of your suggestions is that if you are listening to the radio or a cd it still won't work as the head unit will need to be permanently set to Aux or tuned to the frquency of the transmitter.

It would probably be easier to buy a parrot or similar device which will automatically switch the head unit when using the phone over bluetooth. I bought a connects2 device with bluetooth. Had the added benefit of adding USB and SD card options. I had a large SD card filled with mp3's and used the USB as a charging point for the phone in my last 307. It kept the power socket free for my tomtom.

·
Registered
42 Posts
:)

Ok,if more opinions are there i will be glad to hear them.But, ....

All what i said can be done in room behind the radio ,where cables are, with independant 12V wires.Power consuption of FM transmiter and BT module is so low that cable can be pulled from 12V socket directly.On other side BT will not turn on automaticaly (on call voice ON) and you are right there.But question was how to connect BT to radio.There are FM presets which can be selected super easy.So the only thing which driver need to do is to select station N1 or N2 or the one where BT is transmited and have BT on instantly on call.No ECU,no complex doing,simply plug and play.Cost is almost nothing ....Bt is about 15USD and FM transmiter is about 5USD.....

By the way this is what i do.I am designing electrical systems,devices,PCB board for different industries so i think that i know what i am talking about.Still this doesnt mean that i am always right if i am talking about something related to this.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts