Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI D Turbo '2003' and I have noticed the radio/trip computer display sometimes fades, making reading the display almost impossible.

I have noticed it only happens when on hot days, as the screen/interior of the car gets hot, the display fades.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

[The display is at the top of the dashboard close to the windscreen]

Thanks
Jay

S

·
0 Posts
I dont think there is i'm afraid, mine does the same and its not bulb related as i have led's in mine!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the same problem with my 307 when it was a 2 years old. Not sure if this is a common problem with 307's of my age, but was replaced under warranty

D

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem with my 307 when it was a 2 years old. Not sure if this is a common problem with 307's of my age, but was replaced under warranty
Not a common problem on 307 but it is on 407.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I've noticed that the A/C display dims when I put the lights on - I think the idea being that Peugeot think that it must be dark outside when you put the lights on - we never have fog or heavy rain in the UK apparently.

It's not to do with you switching on the lights is it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
very easy ....just pull the housing upwards and it will pop off. Not too hard as it's connected to a cable, disconnect it and you're then able to replace the bulbs or replace the unit

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
we never have fog or heavy rain in the UK apparently.
not much fog from what i see, either that or i have a magic windscreen as im sure it is a clear night and i see *illegal word* driving around with their fog lights on. chavved out 206's are worse....

my cure...my foglights and highbeams.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
A cheap fix of fading upper display in hot days is to pop it up and put an aducuate peice of styropore (used in electrical equipment packiging) as a heat insulation from direct exposure to heat from windscreen. it made a great difference for me I hope itworks for you ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
not much fog from what i see, either that or i have a magic windscreen as im sure it is a clear night and i see *illegal word* driving around with their fog lights on. chavved out 206's are worse....

my cure...my foglights and highbeams.:rolleyes:
It seems especially common these days for people to drive with the rear fog light on, and it doesn't half annoy me!

While we're on the subject what annoys me even more is the lazy buggers that pop a headlight and compensate with fog lights and main beam, and then for good measure like to tail you!

I'm sorry but there is NO excuse for not carrying a complete kit of spare bulbs in your car!

Phil

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Does it matter what colour? Though I get that if you want a certain colour, like blue display you would order blue. But I mean to get original display colour. I don't need red or White or summit?
there is an orange filter on the back of the screen, so you can get orange or white...to get blue there is a way and a how to guide...under interior.

your best bet is to get the white flat top leds...wont get "hotspots" and will get a decent light spread.

you could just go to a dealer and ask for the bulbs, but they could go again whereas LED's have a very long life and use less energy.

It seems especially common these days for people to drive with the rear fog light on, and it doesn't half annoy me!

While we're on the subject what annoys me even more is the lazy buggers that pop a headlight and compensate with fog lights and main beam, and then for good measure like to tail you!

I'm sorry but there is NO excuse for not carrying a complete kit of spare bulbs in your car!

Phil
Phil, i am totally with you on this one... i also hate the lazy bastards whos headlight bulb goes, so the other is brighter, and they use highbeams to subsitute it on motorways...absolute dick heads. i always carry a spare bulb kit with me...i notice a bulb gone, stop at nearest fuel station or layby and sort it...as you say no excuse. :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Mellkat if you're changing it, I want to see it in various colours!!!!!

I had a quick skim over this thread. Try this...

Pop the MFD off (just push the upper lip bit up until it springs out) then unclip the locking electrical connection (push tab in and flick lever round).

Check how tight your white box is secured. I reckon personally that over time, it's become loose. If you notice the screen is actually connected by a weird strip of rubber with very small electrical ribbon cables running through it. If you let it go loose, the screen fades and goes weird, it could be half a mm but it would still affect it. Try compressing it a little bit more and the connection could become better.

If not, then my input is invalid.

You also do this at your own risk. You'll most likely not damage anything, but I can't be bothered for a forum argument.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I was just mostly thinking about changing the bulbs as its impossible to see it. It's like really faded.

In the past, I've thought about changing the colours of the display units (speedos and display screens), but it's too much hassle I think. Plus, orange goes with yellow, I guess.

J

·
0 Posts
If I was sat in your car right now, with a torx screwdriver, a blade, filter paper & LEDs I'd have it done and changed and secured back in within 30 mins.

:thumb:

Another 30 mins for climate control.

don't ask me to do the speedo ones lol thats a bit of soldering which I cocked up last time and our lasses cousin did it for free.

John would always do it though :cool:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts