Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my display its on the last bar meaning its low. the engine sounds "raspy" and rougher then usual but when i pop the hood and clean then check the dipstick it shows the oil is fine and at the to level of the marker. (car has been idle for hours).

i've had my oil changed a few months ago.

should i trust my gut and just add more oil? or rely on the dipstick reading?

also...

there's a place on the engine where you put new oil, the obvious place right on the engine, but above the engine (towards the driver) there's another place to put oil. does anyone know if this should be topped up or is topping up the other one sufficient?

basically there's two places to put oil under the hood. should only one or both be used? the car manual doesn't say.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
on my display its on the last bar meaning its low. the engine sounds "raspy" and rougher then usual but when i pop the hood and clean then check the dipstick it shows the oil is fine and at the to level of the marker. (car has been idle for hours).

i've had my oil changed a few months ago.

should i trust my gut and just add more oil? or rely on the dipstick reading?

also...

there's a place on the engine where you put new oil, the obvious place right on the engine, but above the engine (towards the driver) there's another place to put oil. does anyone know if this should be topped up or is topping up the other one sufficient?

basically there's two places to put oil under the hood. should only one or both be used? the car manual doesn't say.
they both go to the same place and I would trust the dipstick more as the sensors can give false readings

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
As trustme says.

One of the filler caps is difficult to pour oil in so I guess that's the reason for the second and easier filler cap. ALWAYS trust the dipstick over the display as long as it's the correct dipstick, that's what it is there for. The display is a convenience when it is working correctly. If the oil is down to the minimum mark then I would top it up if it was mine as losing or burning off more oil would take it below the minimum and then you risk damaging the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts