Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, recently purchased a 2006 307 1.6 Hdi. From the start I was getting an antipollution warning and the car would stop. I was told this could be fixed by revving the engine and this worked for the most part. After a while the warning came back and I tried revving again and this was fixed but another warning came up saying oil pressure low, but the car was full of oil. I could start it immediately after and it would drive fine without the warning coming up. I got a mechanic to plug in and he said that a fuel pressure fault was also coming up but that it was probably caused by the oil pressure fault. Today I tried starting the car and it would start and drive a small distance before stopping totally, and no warning came up on the dash. Anyone have any clue what this could be? Will it be a mechanical or electrical issue? I have no reason to believe the DPF is blocked as I recently completed 2 drives of 100km+ and had no issues. I should also add that the EGR valve was replaced when I bought it.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
12,471 Posts
Mod note: Keep it on topic please.

And as always, get a professional Planet / Diagbox diagnostic.

Revving the engine won't cure a mechanical fault and will most probably lead to more serious issues further on. Imagine for a moment the car's oil is blood and the engine is your heart. If you had heart or chest problems a doctor wouldn't tell you to do some high intensity exercise to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts