Pin 1 – Nothing
Pin 2 – Comfort Data Van Bus Code is 9004A Colour Red
Pin 3- Comfort Data B Van Bus Code is 9005A Colour White
Pin 4 - +Van Comfort Code is XE24B Colour Grey
Pin 5 – Nothing
Pin 6 – Nothing
Pin 7 – Battery+ Code is BE11B Colour Grey
Pin 8 – Ground Code is MC51Z Colour Yellow

Have worked all this out but I still have two green wires left, I can see one code on one which is AE07Y but cannot see any other code, will have a proper look tomorrow.

Anyone know anything about these two green wires, or the code Ive given from one of them.

It seems there is no way to swap these wires about to solve the bsi issue that turns on your headunit when you open the doors.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm confused how you have been looking at this so long and haven't got it sorted. Loads of people have previously put aftermarket stereos in 307's without issue.

Aftermarket head units need one permanent live, one ignition and one ground.

Therefore, wire perm live to something that stays 12v all the time. There should definately be one of the wires in that multiplug but if needs be, get the source from somewhere else (although really don't think its needed).

Your ground you can clearly see but as said, again if it is no good then use a direct metal contact for your ground.

And then its ignition, one of those bsi ones MUST be related to the ignition. and just don't connect anything else as its not needed. If you still can't 100% find any ignition source then just wire up a small button that you need to press before by your ignition or something but I am yet to see this in ANY car and so I am still convinced it should work fine.

You said your dad is eletrical, this really should be a doddle for him

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea its makes it alot easier. We even cut the power plug and decided only to use the earth, permanent feed and switched feed. Still controlled by bsi so put it back the way it was.

We found a constant 12v feed in fusebox, earthed to chassis and we ran the switched feed from under the cigarette lighter socket.

This was last night but when I tested the ignition feed I am no longer getting 12v with multi meter when car turns on, cd player is not turning on either.

I soldered it so it definitely hasnt come loose, maybe Ive blown a fuse which I will check later.

Underneath the lighter socket, there is yellow/green wire, a brown wire and a purple wire.

Yellow/green is earth, brown was reading 12v when car turned on, but we got nothing from the purple one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
daffyduck said:
Underneath the lighter socket, there is yellow/green wire, a brown wire and a purple wire.

Yellow/green is earth, brown was reading 12v when car turned on, but we got nothing from the purple one.
Is there illumination around the lighter socket (I forget)? That could be your third wire

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea thats what I thought but I turned the lights on and still wasnt getting a reading.

Well I checked the connection and its perfect so must have blown a fuse.

Waiting on dad coming back from work with meter, anyone know what fuse number it is for cigarette lighter, will save me pulling them all out.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stubbo, XE24B is the switched feed and BE11B is the constant in a 307. I have used those two along with the earth and still not working properly.

Those two are the only two that read 12 volts, one when ignition is off and one when ignition is on.

Dont matter now anyway, Ive made my own power supply so should work perfect when I change this fuse.

Must be a fuse as I have two interior lights out and have just changed the bulbs to be sure.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, it was fuse 7, everything working now, and headunit has a proper ignition feed.

Turns off instantly when car switches off, presets are all still there.

Matter is now finally closed :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts