Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peugeot 307 multifunction display wont come on
I was driving home all was ok display was working fine went in doors come out drove off and notice display was not on
can anyone help I know it has 3 bulbs but what are the chances of all 3 going at once :mad:

J

·
0 Posts
Take it off. Lift the front bit carefully and it'll pop out with a little force, then I think theres some torx's and then its fairly easy from there.

It could be that the connection has come loose at the back. not sure how as it has a locking mechanism. Or the screen ribbon cable is loose. Have you tried switching the display mode using the wiper stalk button?

Otherwise it could need planet to set it up again in case the car somehow has lost or rejected it.

If that fails you need a new one

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
the screen comes out as jazz says. remove one of the bulbs and shine a torch to see if you can see any writing when the ignition is on and left connected. if so just buy yourself a set of white LEDs 509/twists and you wont have a problem of blowing bulbs. if you cant see any writing, get yourself to a local scrappy and grab one from a 307 there or from ebay.

you wont need planet as these screens are plug and play and dont need any coding, from my own knowledge. :thumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
REmove the bulbs and go to halfords and show them the lamps. It will cost you about €10 for 2 sets of 2. I replaced mine last year and was wondering (before the last bulb went) why the display was so dim.

J

·
0 Posts
Haha! But even if you don't want them coloured just get the white ones. Itll look normal because the screen filter is Orange

·
Registered
176 Posts
JazzJPH said:
Haha! But even if you don't want them coloured just get the white ones. Itll look normal because the screen filter is Orange
I want red on the multifuncion display, blue on the speedo and green on the climate control :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
tsch! Boring!

Glad it worked mate :thumb:
Hi, my screen, the one with radio and clock, temp etc has always been a dim orange and is impossible to read in bright sunlight. Are they all like this or can I get a mod maybe ?

Many thanks in advance from ernie

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi, my screen, the one with radio and clock, temp etc has always been a dim orange and is impossible to read in bright sunlight. Are they all like this or can I get a mod maybe ?

Many thanks in advance from ernie
Mines same, glare from sun makes it hard to read.

Shouldnt you be looking at the road anyway :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts