Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Multi function display on my peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 2002 is causing me issues.

All of a sudden a few weeks ago the multi function display stopped working properly, my radio etc is still working fine, but i can barely see the display itself. If i shine a light over the display, or catch the sunlight on it, I can just see it working.

Ive checked the connection which seems ok? And ive changed the bulbs, which I guess ive re-fitted correclty?

So....if anyone has any ideas what it could be please let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
My Multi function display on my peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 2002 is causing me issues.

All of a sudden a few weeks ago the multi function display stopped working properly, my radio etc is still working fine, but i can barely see the display itself. If i shine a light over the display, or catch the sunlight on it, I can just see it working.

Ive checked the connection which seems ok? And ive changed the bulbs, which I guess ive re-fitted correclty?

So....if anyone has any ideas what it could be please let me know.

thanks
Have you popped the display out and checked all THREE bulbs on the rear are working?
If so... Is your display bright when cold in the morning?
Does the display get worse on hot days or when heater is on hot after a while, if so then its knackered... earlier models suffered from this I believe, later models are rock solid so if your getting a replacement from scrap yard, get a later model one:thumb:

·
11,787 Posts
No "dark" button on the pre-facelift models.

I reckon it will probably have had one or two failed edge bulbs and now the third central one has gone its in darkness.

Ah, just re-read your posts and you've replaced the bulbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The screen stays the same all the time, no change to how much i can see it at all.

I have chanced the bulbs, but I might of got the wrong one or/and not fitted them correctly. Im guessing the best thing to do is check the bulbs then buy a scrap one if I need to replace.

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
The screen stays the same all the time, no change to how much i can see it at all.

I have chanced the bulbs, but I might of got the wrong one or/and not fitted them correctly. Im guessing the best thing to do is check the bulbs then buy a scrap one if I need to replace.

Thanks all!!
I'm assuming you have checked the brightness level switch?
Have you thought about replacing the bulbs with LED's?

·
Registered
155 Posts

Thanks all!!
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that if you take the display out
for repairs...that you might need to re-configure it using Peugeot Planet or Diag Box?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts