Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl i have a peugeot 307 hdi 03 plate my car just passed its mot last week. but i was doing an airport run and on the way home there was this sound like if something was caught under my car so i pulled over to see. but couldent see anything but when i tried to put it in first gear i couldnt there was a screaming noise i tried 2nd gear but no i tried 3rd gear that worked so i drove it home slowley. but near to my home all the gears were working. the next day i went shopping just to see but all was fine untill i was heading home then i lost all gears so i had to pull over and of course it was out of gearand there was a message beeping saying handbrake on even tho ive parked it and it felt like it was in gear as the back of the car sunk in like when ur trying to find your biteing point. i know that was a long story but im just trying to explan it as best as i can im just not wanting to get riped off by a garage... thanks joe

P

·
0 Posts
Posted in wrong section mate. Hopefully one of the mods will put this in 307 bit, you might get better response.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
sounds like the gear cables they stretch ive had to replace my own but I got 1st 3rd and 5th, your only getting 3rd?

if you look round the top of the gearbox area you should see the cables have a look at them they might have popped off or broke check that first then next thing to do is remove the gear gater and maybe remove the matt under the ash try and look down you should see two cables coming into the gear shifter they can break the horse shoe type clip!

if not that check to see how much play you have in the cables this is a two man/woman job get someone to move the gear knob slow while you look at the gearbox rods move in sync with the person moving it from the inside if they are moving it lots and you see no or small movement then your cables need changed

hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts