Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i m new to Peugeot and I've just went to change my glow plugs and 2 of them snapped leaving the bottom part in the engine I tried to get them out but the fell into the head my guess sat in the pistons so I'm thinking off taking the head off can you remove the head with the exhaust manifold and inlet manifold attached as I just can't get to them? And help would be much appreciated it's on a 20lt hdi 90

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
What a waste of your time the 2 litre 90 DOES NOT need glowplugs to start and nor does it have a DPF so you have simply given yourself unnecessary work !

This info is well documented on this forum NO common rail engine needs glowplugs they are of some use in very cold days but otherwise your engine does not need them if you dont believe this once you get it sorted unplug the relay and try it it WILL start :)

my 406 90 has ran the last 3 winters with NO glowplugs connected

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi i m new to Peugeot and I've just went to change my glow plugs and 2 of them snapped leaving the bottom part in the engine I tried to get them out but the fell into the head my guess sat in the pistons so I'm thinking off taking the head off can you remove the head with the exhaust manifold and inlet manifold attached as I just can't get to them? And help would be much appreciated it's on a 20lt hdi 90
I agree with the last post but you could remove injectors and try fish out the end of the glow plug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK what do I do about the ends sat on the pistons as I need to know if you can take the cylinder head off with the manifolds still attached ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts