Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i am new to this forum and hope it will be helpful in finding the fault with my car, I have a 307 hdi 2.0 90bhp and recently it's been having trouble starting the one morning it just didn't start all, the engine will turn over but it won't fire up I have replaced the fuel tank pump as wasn't working I have replaced crank shaft sensor, camshaft sensor, and fuel filter but will still not start I have also replaced the regulator on high pressure fuel pump as when we had diagnostics done told me all of the above that I replaced but will still not start I'm loosing the will to live now I can't think of anythink else please HELP!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery before replacing any of the parts?

Have you double checked the cam and crank sensors? If these are defective, you'll have trouble starting.

What diagnostics were used?

If Peugeot Planet 2000 wasn't used, I'd suggest getting it on and getting live data.

It'd also be worth checking that you're actually getting fuel through to the injectors - there are a lot of fuel related components that have been swapped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there

No I didn't know you had to disconnect the battery when replacing these have I made it worse by doing this?

I had a man from local garage use a snap on diagnostics and it just showed everythink that I have disconnected it seems that there is no fuel getting to the engine at all the solenoid on the high pressure fuel pump is buzzing like crazy when try and start the car,

How would I check if fuel is getting to the injectors?

Could it be the high pressure fuel pump that has packed in maybe?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Put the key in the ignition and try to start the car. Turn the ignition off but don't remove the key and open the drivers door. Does the car beep to warn you the key is in the ignition ?

If it doesn't beep, the BSI has lost the key information and will not unlock the ECU which prevents fuel getting to the engine. The engine will still turn over but will not fire.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hi there

No I didn't know you had to disconnect the battery when replacing these have I made it worse by doing this?

I had a man from local garage use a snap on diagnostics and it just showed everythink that I have disconnected it seems that there is no fuel getting to the engine at all the solenoid on the high pressure fuel pump is buzzing like crazy when try and start the car,

How would I check if fuel is getting to the injectors?

Could it be the high pressure fuel pump that has packed in maybe?

Thanks
You don't need to disconnect the battery. The reason I asked is if the battery had been disconnected, it can upset the BSI if the correct disconnection procedure isn't followed, resulting in car cranking but not starting.

Do the key test as Storeman suggests, and try getting the car on Planet. Snap-on is a good all-rounder, but it can't pick everything up, whereas PP2000 can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there

I have done the key test and the car beeped at me when the door was open so that rules out the BSI, my local garage said it could be the high pressure fuel pump? How would I get the car hooked up to planet to look at it in more detail
Thanks for all the responses guys ?

·
5,886 Posts
Does it have a primer bulb on engine. Maybe seimens injection with no in tank pump and you have air in system so it needs priming

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi there

There is a bulb on it, I have tried priming when turning engine over but still nothing is happening, when priming the bulb with engine off after about 5 pumps it goes rock solid but when u look at fuel line going to the high pressure pump doesn't seem like it is going in

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi

I have just replaced like for like in the tank I just thought it was a pump that all, thought as couldn't hear it when ignition on wasn't working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No there is no noise or vibration at coming from it as I put my hand on top of it as I started engine but nothing there at all

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
Thats good then !!

you NEED live data reading not fault code readings the engine only needs 3 things to start

Crank signal
cam and crank syncronisation
Fuel pressure

If you had fault codes relating to cam and crank sensors then i would check the timing belt before wasting any more money

If belt is ok and not jumped teeth THEN you need live data readings it does not NEED to be planet readings but planet readings are what people on here are familiar with but it NEEDS to be live data readings codes wont fix this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all

Update I bought a can of easy start on the way home thought in the back of my mind that would get the engine going so got the father in law to turn the engine over while I sprayed in, it took bout 20secs and engine fired up took easy start away and car was running took it out for a long drive no problems got it back home turned engine off and on again few times starts first time fixed any ideas to why it's working after this ( not like I'm moaning of course)

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi there

Yes sounds correct as the engine started I could see loads of air bubbles going through the pipes and after about 40secs it cleared and was flowing smoothly, also we I start the car now it sounds like battery is struggling to start it should I just charge the battery abs was beand new about 4 months ago?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts