Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
The car is a 2004 Peugeot 307 HDi 1.6 110 Bhp, the engine runs really rough and when it warms up it smokes really bad, the smoke is white and smells diesel!
So far:
the Turbo was changed, the injectors ( twice ), the fuel HP pump, the timing belt, the tank was removed and cleaned, and still nothing, the same shit! it still smokes white and stinks of diesel!
We have done a diagnostic check with planet and here are the faults coming up: ( see attachement )
Also, the strange thing is:
on the diagnostics, under, engine ECU parameters, the option thats says: cylinder injector flow correction, it shows low values like 0.59 %
on my own 307 HDi which runs fine, i have checked the parameters and it shows 100.62 %
Can someone please explain to me what this means, i have included photos from the diagnostic screen of the faulty car and the good car for you to see
1st picture is the bad car, 2nd picture is the good one
What could be the problem with this car?
Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
Check your engine oil level, if it's over the dipstick limit, that might be the cause.

If you can smell antifreeze (sweetish) bad news - a gasket's gone.

Try diesel injector cleaner, cheap and sometimes shifts some gunk.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your engine oil level, if it's over the dipstick limit, that might be the cause.

If you can smell antifreeze (sweetish) bad news - a gasket's gone.

Try diesel injector cleaner, cheap and sometimes shifts some gunk.
Hi, engine oil level is good, new oil + new oil filter...etc
no smell of antifreeze and the car cant be driven like this so diesel injector cleaner is not an option
Thanks

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
White smoke = steam = coolant getting into cylinder via dodgy gasket.

Someone earlier suggested this might be the fault.

Perhaps low reading indicates water in cylinder taking up space meant for diesel - so less diesel is injected hence low flow rate.

Or perhaps I'm talking bollix - which is quite possible.

D

·
0 Posts
Check the valve timing.
Check the turbo, What was wrong with the original one?
Did you remove the sump and or the vac pump for carbon buildup on the gauzes?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi we have the exact same problem white diesel smoke and over injecting, we have exactly the same issue, please can you give some feedback about what it was in the end we are at our wits end!! The car is very rough and massively over fueling, showed similar figures on the diagnostics as yours... desperate for help!!

thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can anyone PM m3mpower for me? Desperate for a response and I don't have enough posts to message him but we have he exact same problem with our 307!

·
Registered
1 Posts
smoking 307

changed clutch on 1.6 hdi and started white smoke after a couple of minitues checked all the usual culprits to no avail starts up fine and ticks over ok

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
On the old fashioned heavy plant diesels this is a classic symptom of a bad injector, most often a broken tip or internal spring.
Possibly an injector was damaged either from the supplier or during assembly.

Used to be simple check, just loosen each injector pipe in turn until you found the faulty one, like taking plug leads off to find the duff cylinder on a petrol engine.
On modern engines mostly you can't do this anymore and have to plug in an expensive diagnostic tool to ask the ecu where it hurts.

Roger.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
changed clutch on 1.6 hdi and started white smoke after a couple of minitues checked all the usual culprits to no avail starts up fine and ticks over ok
Did you remove/disturb any of the intake pipes? Give them a once over and make sure they're connected properly and that there isn't anything blocking them.

Otherwise, it may be coincidental, and the injectors may be playing up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts