Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum and would like some help please. We have just bought a very nice 2004 (04) 307 sw 110 HDI. I have noticed since buying the car there is a squeaking noise when I release the clutch to drive off. I feel sick as I suspect it maybe the dreaded DMF flywheel?
I've been looking through the paperwork and in 2008 the car had a new G-dual flywheel fitted at approx 120,000 miles. The car now has 138,000 miles on the clock. Could my flywheel be knackered? I hope not as we're on a tight budget.

I was not aware of the dreaded DMF issues before buying the car please help :( .

Kind regards.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Don't panic!

The DMF is a problem on almost all modern diesels.

Do you feel excessive vibration through the pedal when you are on the biting point? This would worry me more.

Are you sure it's not just the clutch mechanism or a rubber bush or something like that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stevoxsi said:
Don't panic!

The DMF is a problem on almost all modern diesels.

Do you feel excessive vibration through the pedal when you are on the biting point? This would worry me more.

Are you sure it's not just the clutch mechanism or a rubber bush or something like that?
Hi, I've had a proper good luck and the noise I have is the same as what is described all over the net as the DMF failure. :( Thanks for your help though. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
dmf problems

hi this is my first visit to this website i just baught the 3008 and me happend the same thing they did not tell me that the 1.6 diesil have these noise when i switch off the engine and after a lot of paninc (almost i had a nervous breakdown) they told me its this dmf in fact i love the car but if if only i knew i would have gone for the automatic or bigger engine since they dont make use of it but for the rest if you dont want to reduce the noise just press the clutch and the noise will disappier:mad: :( :confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
The larger engines do have dual mass flywheels. They need it more than the smaller ones!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I don't know what the long term effects are, but my 307 2.0 HDI SW is now DMF free, yippee! I had the Valeo solid upgrade kit fitted. It cost me £600 for parts and labour at my local garage.
I suppose if the solid flywheel upgrade kit is available it must be a safe thing to do but I'm not too worried as the car is not used daily, its just my wife's run around.

The springs on the new clutch are massive! The garage gave me the old DMF to look at and there was no spring resistance at all. You could turn the inner part by hand about 30 degrees with no resistance at all and it squeaked.

The car drives superb now, clutch is lovely and smooth and no squeaks at all.

Thanks for you all showing interest in my thread. :thumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
scammell said:
Well I don't know what the long term effects are, but my 307 2.0 HDI SW is now DMF free, yippee! I had the Valeo solid upgrade kit fitted. It cost me £600 for parts and labour at my local garage.
I suppose if the solid flywheel upgrade kit is available it must be a safe thing to do but I'm not too worried as the car is not used daily, its just my wife's run around.

The springs on the new clutch are massive! The garage gave me the old DMF to look at and there was no spring resistance at all. You could turn the inner part by hand about 30 degrees with no resistance at all and it squeaked.

The car drives superb now, clutch is lovely and smooth and no squeaks at all.

Thanks for you all showing interest in my thread. :thumb:
well good luck my friend at least one of us is happy with his car because i am not and i just baught mine for new 2 weeks ago infact i was thinking to go to dealer and have a long speech with him because i cannot take it you know new car making skueking noises

and i also checked for upgrade kit for mine they told me i cannot do it becuase its impossible

jason

C

·
0 Posts
Jason, don't fret chum. The later DMF used in the 308 and 3008 on the 1.6 110 HDi is much tougher. Problems aren't unknown, but they're a far more reasonable risk than on some of the older/bigger bore pug units.

An auto may save you any sleepless nights, but over the life of the car the increased cost of insurance, front brakes and road tax (higher emissions) would pay for a new DMF anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
chopper1192 said:
Jason, don't fret chum. The later DMF used in the 308 and 3008 on the 1.6 110 HDi is much tougher. Problems aren't unknown, but they're a far more reasonable risk than on some of the older/bigger bore pug units.

An auto may save you any sleepless nights, but over the life of the car the increased cost of insurance, front brakes and road tax (higher emissions) would pay for a new DMF anyway.
THANKS FOR REPLY,

but when you spend 31,000 euros on a Peugeot 3008 car becuase here in Malta we have very high tax on cars and when you go back into your garage and when you switch engine you will here a noise you will just want to kill your self or shoot the dealer and best part is that everyone at the delear just knew about it but nobady told me becuase i would have gone for automatic altough i dont like them much so the my question will remain every car with dmf gearbox do that noise or just mine or better still its maybe faulty

thank you once again

C

·
0 Posts
The DMF does make a nice rattle/squeak/sigh when you shut the motor down and it unloads, and if you've a canny ear and spot it and don't know what it it then I could imagine ones sphincter dilating alarmingly!

On the other hand, I can see the dealers problem - there are North of 15,000 components in a modern car, and is it reasonable to expect them to explain the characteristics of every single one of them to you?

It's like the folk that buy the 107 and then moan about the high-speed tyre noise from the skinny econo-rubber - I mean, why weren't they asking these questions during the test drive? I know the answer, but it's not a politically expedient one so I shan't air it.

Just go enjoy the car chum, and stop worrying.

C

·
0 Posts
Pricier to repair, pricer to replace in the event of a total loss I believe is the official excuse chum.

·
Registered
45 Posts
chopper1192 said:
The DMF does make a nice rattle/squeak/sigh when you shut the motor down and it unloads, and if you've a canny ear and spot it and don't know what it it then I could imagine ones sphincter dilating alarmingly!

On the other hand, I can see the dealers problem - there are North of 15,000 components in a modern car, and is it reasonable to expect them to explain the characteristics of every single one of them to you?

It's like the folk that buy the 107 and then moan about the high-speed tyre noise from the skinny econo-rubber - I mean, why weren't they asking these questions during the test drive? I know the answer, but it's not a politically expedient one so I shan't air it.

Just go enjoy the car chum, and stop worrying.

thank you chopper for answering me at least one in this planet managed to answer my question altough i am not giong crazy the sound that i am hearing is like silencer vibrating with metal or how can i say it is out of his mountings but anyway i have to live with it or better else not parking it in garage becuase there is where i hear it more:lol:

but for me its more strange becuase when its cold its does not do it and if i press clutch pedal will still do same thing and i cannot understand how a proud french company like peugeot issued a car like the 3008 diong that noise

jason

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's a french car my friend. If it doesn't rattle, there is something wrong with it! I fixed a lot of the rattles on my 307 this weekend, simply by getting underneath the car and attaching the plastic mouldings together properly and tightening all the fixing studs. These come free over time and some garages will fail to put them back together properly after working on the vehicle. If your car is that new, take it back to the garage and get them to look at it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts