Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys n gals i am having problems with 3rd gear it always grinds a bit when changing up or down the box all the other gears are ok im thinking possibly the syncro may be worn ?? any ideas on this .also if im going to req a gearbox does the peugeot partner hdi use the same gearbox as the 307 hdi ??

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its a common issue on this box but van box wont fit even though it is essentially the same the selector mechanisms are car specific.

Basically you need to match the 6 digit gearbox code also you say 307HDI you do realise there are 3 different possible engines with different boxes on each.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You could strip and repair the gearbox you have. normally not such a difficult job. I have repaired quite a few Ford, Vauxhall, and Toyota gearboxes, I dare say Peugeot 'boxes aren't so very different.

Roger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys where would i find the gearbox code . ??? i can get the gear to change if i slowly slide it in to 3rd at low revs i will prob get the box reworked that way there is no probs

·
Registered
695 Posts
Could be at least one of 5 different engines all with different boxes as you dont say what year the car is just its a 307hdi
could be 1.4hdi, 1.6hdi, 2.0hdi90, 2.0hdi110 or 2.0hdi136

as madbadanold suggests maybe just miss out 3rd :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts