Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2003 Peugeot 307 HDI D Turbo, with 76K on the clock. Although the car drives and feels normal, sometimes I feel as though the gears 'especially from 5th down to 4th' do no disengage correctly.

When driving along in 5th and shifting down to 4th, the gear stick becomes wobbly and it’s not a smooth change.

Sorry I no little about mechanics, so I’m trying to explain the best I can.

Could it be normal or just require an oil change or could is be something that will cot me a lot more?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
sounds to me that your cable my have popped out of the holder on the gear box theres two clips that hold the cable linkages in place have you had any gearbox work done or clutch work? and doing it long?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i've had no work done to both the clutch or gearbox, infact no engine work has been done since i bought the car almost a year ago, apart from service.

Is this a job a normal garage can look at, or do i have to go to main dealer?

Also is it costly to repair?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
2nd hand cables are around £30-50, only takes 20-40mins to change if your able to say renew brake pads, if your getting someone else to do it id say around £30-40 quid

you can check them yourself if you look down and your gearbox area you will see the two gear cables the air box would need to be removed thats easy so you can get better look

1 - 4 of 4 Posts