Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have had awesome feedback/help from trustme so far and have been advised to seek help with perhaps an autobox issue.

The car is a 2007 peugeot 307 HDi with the 2.0L diesel turbo engine (the 136 RHR)

History: the car had minor issues such as glow plugs, and rear reverse light not working, however car drove and all functions were okay, started up first time and drove smoothly.

After auto elec, car doesn't start, gearbox "P" doesn't appear. It will only start when i plug in a cheap elm327 scan tool????which is strange....

There are definitely gremlins in my car, and I have cleaned out most ground points and checked fuses.

I have thought it was a Bsi,ecu issue, however upon chatting with trustme it could be an autobox issue or some settings that need to be changed.

Recently, I went through the present and absent ecu in the Bsi through diagbox.

I found some strange ecus/devices not present.

Such as high frequency receiver and the engine relay unit....

The autobox/sequential ecu was present but there was another cc2s/ar2s type automatic gbox which was absent. No idea what that is.

I will upload a list of all the present/absent/missing devices that i found.

What made me feel weird was why the engine relay unit was listed as absent...perhaps it was blown or damaged by auto elec?

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

I have uploaded what is present and absent from diagbox on the car.

Some weird things are absent like the engine relay unit...

Just want to know if there is a autobox error somewhere??

or perhaps the relay unit

I originally was leaning towards the Bsi/ecu and getting a new kit and possibly virignising that.

Any insight is always greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
If it starts with something plugged into diagnostic port then the auto box ecu is missing a power feed and the power is being back fed from the diagnostics port restoring power to the inhibitor switch allowing the starter to work.

Fuse or power wire has been damaged by the expert :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi reliable thanks for the input!

Do you think the engine relay fuse box compartment has been damaged?
a possible reason why it was disabled in the present/absent section?

I have checked the fuses for gearbox in the relay and bsi they are fine. I have also switched them for newer ones.

I dont know what other fuse it could be, im certain most are fine as i tested for continuity.

Ill go over all the fuses again just to make sure.

In terms of the wire, any idea where to start on that? the wire connected to the gbox ecu?

thanks again!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Reliable,

I have been able to work on the puegeot again,

I have checked all fuses and checked voltages on relavant fuses to the gearbox.
all have continuity and seem okay, this also applies to the maxi fuses.

I have also checked the wiring going to the gearbox ecu, it has main power votlage and also had voltage of about 2v in one of the connectors which i think is meant to have.

Is there any other area i should check to find the fault, i feel a bit lost.

would it point to the bsi being the error or the bsm?

Cheers any help is very appreciated

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,

This car was a real eyesore for now 2 years as i didnt know where to start and a lot of the electricians have no idea what they're doing.

So trustme was onto something. The gremlins were caused by a fault with the auto gbox ecu. It was dead.

A replacement (literally plug and play) started the car up perfectly.

Just thought id update everyone on situation.

I still have one more issue, where i need to sort out my K's as it is now 200,000 instead of 61,000..

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts