Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new to this forum hope i have put this in the right place, I could really do with some help, my 2001 peugeot 307 is suffering from loss of power, it wont go above 2000 revs (when it gets to 2k revs its sounds like its misfiring) if i go up a hill its really struggling the car doesnt misfire on tickover or on low revs. I had the diagnostics done which were P1199 AND p0401 Induction flow higher than recommended we decided to do a full service and the egr valve replaced just picked it up and its still running the exact same? any ideas where to go from here? pllease try and explain as simple as possible as i only have basic knowledge on cars thanks for any help in advance x

·
Registered
406 Posts
Firstly, what version of the 307? petrol/diesel, Secondly, location-where are you based? We are a friendly bunch on here so welcome aboard!, it just makes thing a little easier if we have the basics though:thumb:
Do you know if the faults were read using diagbox or peugeot planet ?(if it was a PUG dealer then they would have been, otherwise might not have been and a generic scanner used)
Sounds like the car is in limp mode. I would not really trust any fault code you have unless it was read using the right gear.
Let us know where you are based and we will try and find someone who can assist.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sorry yeah its a rapier 90bhp 2.0 hdi on a 2001, it was a handheld yellow diagnostic machine at a local garage. I live in sheffield as well, thanks for the response

D

·
0 Posts
No need to change the egr valve. don't understand why garages keep changing them. They just don't give trouble. The egr valve on your car is a vacuum operated one. First thing to check would be the vacuum system.

The other code is fuel related. When was the fuel filter changed last? check the fuel pressure also, the low pressure circuit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel filters just been changed, they said something about my fuel temp reading been low and not as they expected? and i dont know much about cars really just did a search when they said it needed replacing on google and alot of people said change egr?

D

·
0 Posts
The egr is not the problem, its most likely whats controlling the egr valve ie the egr solenoid valve.
Best thing to do, go to someone who knows these cars not fellas that are just going to throw parts at it and hope for the best. You'll be the one paying for it in more ways than one.

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
have a look on the planet map to see whos near you, but as david says the EGR on these dont fail its the solenoid valves that do, i have replaced afew solenoids and after that the car has been a1 (well bar the time i was in a rush and put the pipes round the wrong way)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still not sorted yet, diagnostics say its mass air flow too high, it isnt the egr or the solenoid so they believe it is a damaged pipe somewhere on the vacuum system, its going in thursday for it all checking

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi i have disconnected it and just took it on a short trip but it actually seems to be running right! what does this mean? cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well just took it for a good run and got temp up to full temperature and it run perfect! I will get one ordered and get someone to fit it me thanks for the help and saving me some money (fingers crossed)

·
11,821 Posts
You're welcome. This happened on my last 307 and on two others I've done local diagnostics for.

I got mine from this guy on Ebay:

hap-uk | eBay

It's an easy enough job to swap.

First find the part number on it. It should be something like 5WK9621.

When replacing, unplug and remove it from the air filter and intake pipe.

Attach the new one and away you go! All you should need is a screwdriver to unscrew the large jubilee clip and I think a 10mm socket.

Haynes recommend disconnecting the battery and doing a BSI reset when you do it, and I'd go along with that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts