Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI my car keeps getting faults for example I have eps faults, fuel filter faults. I have had my cam belt and drive belt changed.

Now my battery keeps going dead after it has been packed up overnight. Plus my back light keeps going. Does anyone know of any faults of what it can be please. I got a new battery in sept but I will be going to get it checked at the weekend. Plus it has a whining noise when I am drive less than 50 miles per hour. Please help cause it's driving me insane but quite reluctant to get rid But may need to as I carnt afford to constantly spend on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, had my car checked today.I have been advised my alternator is working as it should. However my battery is losing the power quite quickly when it is not on car so definatley a battery fault. Haven't had time to take it back where I got it from yet but will be! Just wondered do you need a special battery for my car? The old one kept dying also that why we replaced it last time?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Your car would not require a battery with any special qualities other than it was right physically and in capacity/voltage. If the charging system is OK, the battery has not been left flat for long periods of time and the engine has not been excessively cranked then it just sounds like a battery of faulty manufacture, I am assuming the battery was brand new when fitted to the car, however if your last battery went the same way and was not that old then I might suspect a fault. There would be two lines of thought either the battery is being over or undercharged which would be a charging system fault or there is an excessive draw on the battery when the car is not in use. The first is rather easier to diagnose, when you had the charging system checked was this done professionally or was it one of these basic tests with one of those clip on voltage indicators? If it was done professionally on an analyser then it would be pretty much certain that the charging system is ok, however the other method is rather crude and unless most of the vehicles electrics are switched on while testing it really won't prove anything. Alternatively if the charging system is OK the battery needs to be tested for unusual draw. This is generally done by connecting an ammeter in series with the battery observing any disconnection/connection procedure of the battery and looking for excessive current draw particularly when the BSI has gone to sleep. Quite often faulty glove box or luggage area light switches can cause these lights to stay on and drain the battery overnight. PP may also be capable of diagnosing such faults if you can find someone locally who can hook it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts