Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Peugeot was running fine for a long time and took it to electrician to sort out an airbag light and a rear light issue and it came back with startup issues ...who knows what happened.

Issues that are occurring now are preventing startup.

So far, weve tried to diagnose where the error is - electrical
replaced fuses
checking connections in bsi and the ecu and bsm

so when you go to start the car and turn the ignition
you hear a clicking noise from the bsi and there isnt anything displayed where the P D R and letters are displayed for the gearbox, there is just a dash.

Often it works and the parking letter is displayed the car fires up fine and all is good. then sometimes it doesnt.

got an elm scanner the other day and ordered a propper scanner, which is on the way.

the following codes were displayed; ive had a look at some of them, just a bit unsure and would like some clarification

u1109 - CAn data bus, transmission control module (TCM) - no communication - from searching something with the ecu for transmission - any ideas of where it is :S. havent had a look since yesterday

P1434 - A/C refrigerant temperature circuit: high - not sure where to start with that code

P1351 - IDM input circuit malfunction/ignition coil control circuit high voltage

u1003 - can data bus, no comm

p0461 - Fuel level sensor "A" Circuit range/performance

The current messages displayed on dash are the engine light and airbag
which i think is related to 1351 and 0461

need a better scanner to pick up airbag codes.

Also to note - when plugging in the scanner the car seems to start somehow lawwwl, no idea how and why.

If anyone could provide an insight on some of those issues and why perhaps the 307 is doing what it is doing. and an insight into some of those fixes such as the IDM and fuel level sensor and ac refrigerant circuit high.

im guessing the tcm might be faulty, not sure either

Would be greatly appreciated :)

·
11,731 Posts
You need better diagnostic equipment, the one you're using looks like its giving wrong information.

For example:

P1351 - IDM input circuit malfunction/ignition coil control circuit high voltage

Is actually glow plugs or glow plug relay.

As the FAQ says, you can search the forum for other examples of the fault codes you have to get some idea, but if the above code is anything to go by, you'll be searching in the wrong areas.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know haha,

thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.

oh okay,

is this what the code should completely looked like? i think i shortened it

IDM input circuit Malfunction/Ignition coil control circuit High voltage
SID 803 - Pre/Post heating relay circuit. Relay not controlled and glow plugs supplied

cool, i shall have a look :D, would this error contribute to the engine light triggering or would be associated with the car not starting?

also do you have an idea where the TCM is located in the car, is it inside the cabin or in engine bay.

Cheers and thanks for your help

·
Registered
101 Posts
that lot is all over the place , i would check all the earths coming to/from the engine bay fuse box and under the battery tray , also the one on the transmission box , these cause all sorts of error messages , take the bolts out clean the terminals and the bolts
gremlins on these cars are often caused by nothing more than bad earths
at least once you have done that you have a good base from which to start

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like that hey, thanks for the reply! appreciate it.

I have been a little sick and busy, but the plan will be to check all wiring and ecus, give them a clean and re plug and check the grounds like you said.

I got a proper scanner, and it is all over the place with several ecus not being able to communicate with each other,

am i right to assume, its either, like you said some grounding or wiring or perhaps just a the bsi or ecu or other ecus

Cheers, Mohammed

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
The U codes are your main issue as if the network cannot see the gearbox ECU then it wont allow starting this is because its an auto and the inhibit switch locks out the starter unless in the correct gear IE park or neutral but it does not know what gear its in as there is co comms :)

I agree its most likely a bad connection and the faults you read are ghost faults ignore them for now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it sounds like that doesn't it,

thanks for the reply and confirmation, i now have some belief going into this! haha and hopefully soon see this beautiful beast in action haha.

Will keep yo updated, thanks again, appreciate it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Spent about a day on the car,

went through and went through connection associated with the gearbox and located the am6 control module, removed it and gave it a clean both connector and cleaned bolts and stuff and put it back and it started first go and the gearbox showed on the panel.

It didnt last however, Ive been looking for wiring diagrams for the connector going into the am6 control module, havent had any luck.

Checking the places where the gearbox is linked to in the BSi and fuse box show a voltage (example fuse in bsi for automatic gearbox). from what i think, is that there is a voltage going towards the gearbox (if i am not mistaken)

Is there any sensor that is also associated with the gearbox unit? ill be having a look at the wiring harness and trying to get some sort of readings or voltages. What would be a good way to test if there is any sort of response from the AM6 control module??

Also tomorrow will be going through all grounding locations, as i noticed the ones near the battery, are really dirty.

Will keep you posted, i really really appreciate the help!

driving this thing will be amazing haha

Cheers

Note***My scanner can connect to all modules except the transmission one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone,

Turns out it was the gearbox ecu causing the misscommunication and putting my 307 in limp mode. a new ecu started her up first time.

I did end up changing the relay for glow plugs. That and driving it around for a bit cleared the de-pollution error.

I think all the other errors are just small errors that are on the system.

I did have an airbag/pre-tensioner error which was the two seat belt pre-tensioners. they were replaced and so was the airbag ecu.

No more faults! wooh!

Now ive got a half disassembled car from 2016 to re-assemble and drive :)

Thanks for the help everyone and thought id update this post.

Had some great help from dimi in Australia.

hopefully someone else benefits from this issue lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts