Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

yesterday was really hot we were hit by a heat wave and the temperature reached 57C :fire2::yikes: this is the highest ever in history for our region. The global warming is not a joke.

And it seemed that my gear box didn't stand the heat, it refuseed to shift gears unless I but my foot down on the accelerator till the RPM reaches 5-6, and then it shifts really hard. It was like slamming that gear with a big bang.

And the tiptronic is not responding, its not shifting neither up or down.

later at night when things cooled down a little bit, I tried it and it was all back to normal.

Any ideas what is going on since it may happen again, because this heat wave is staying for a couple of weeks.

Regards,
Will

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Roger,

I'm in Jordan, and you sound right. The electronics may be the weakest link here when it comes to heat.

I'm leaving my car parked in my home garage for the next few days.

Is there a way to keep these electronics cool for an hour drive? that's all I need to get to work!

Regards,
Will

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Perhaps keeping the car in the shade when it is parked?. With a 57c ambient temperature something in direct sunlight might get much hotter. he electronics should cope with very high temperatures, but something approaching boiling point might be more than they can handle.

Roger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts