Peugeot Forums banner

Peugeot 307 faulty wiring

9K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  trustme 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Experiencing some problems with peugeot 307 2.0 hdi 110bhp, any help will be appreciated.

Yesterday my dipped headlights would not come on, I checked the bulbs (2 pin bulb) and noticed the plastic connector attached to the wiring of the car was melted, I took the bulb out of the connector and the bulb itself was also melted. I then purchased a new set of bulbs and tried those but they would not light up.

Today I took the car to the garage, I was informed by the garage they checked the connectors along with fuses and the wiring and it seems that no power is being through the wires and recommended and get my car checked out with an auto electrician.

Everything on the car works fine, side lights, main beams, indicators, heater, dash board lights etc they all work fine it is just the dipped headlights.

Has someone had any similar problems? Does anyone have a solution before I take my car to an auto electrician?

#10 ·
when you turn the dipped beam on does the green light on the dash illuminate if this does not then i sounds like the comms, if this does you then need to check the fuse if that's fine pull it out and check for a voltage at both sides of the fuse holder if there is not voltage at both sides then you have a problem with the fuse box if there is voltage at one side then this is fine, if you do have a voltage you then need to find the wire coming out of the fuse box that is for the lights and test that for voltage coming out if that has a voltage and the other end of the wire does not then you have a broken wire if the other end has a voltage you have a bad earth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.