Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys hope that someone out there can shine some light on out situation.

in July we had our 307 1.6 hdi in the garage,

we had the tappetts, cam belt , chain changed.

september the turbo blows, so i replaced that.

i went back in last week as we wernt happy that it was still so noisy,
the garage told us that the chain adjuster failed...... which after 3600 miles seemed a little strange..... they told us that we would have to pay as it failed. erm i dont think so, Peugeot have replaced the kit FOC, however, as the turbo failed it popped the head gasket, which had to have a 6th off..... seems a little excessive as i feel it shouldnt have warped that much?
anyway, i get a phone call saying that the tappetts that we bought had excessivly worn and that they would need replacing,

could, if teh adjuster was not changed last time and failed, caused excessive wear on the tappetts???????

so EURO car parts have replaced the tappetts FOC, and commented that they have never had any back before.......

and now i have been told that they have had to add extra labour as i fitted the turbo wrong with bolts being fitted wrong....... im sure that the bolts can only go in one way and fitted it properly. fairly straight forward.

i think we are being or attempted to be ripped off...

thoughts please...

D

·
0 Posts
First time that engine gave trouble you should have put another in. It would have been cheaper to start afresh.
Usually when the turbo goes the engine is usually scrap anyway. What was your service history like? What oil was used etc?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car had full marshall peugeot servicing and as bought from them by previous owner, i went to peugeot and they confirmed the information,
It was due a timing belt but we were told that it could be the tappetts that were noisy so we replaced them too,
could the excessive wear on the tappetts been caused by the fauilure to change the adjuster?

D

·
0 Posts
the car had full marshall peugeot servicing and as bought from them by previous owner, i went to peugeot and they confirmed the information,
It was due a timing belt but we were told that it could be the tappetts that were noisy so we replaced them too,
could the excessive wear on the tappetts been caused by the fauilure to change the adjuster?
The tappets never wear in this engine. Its the timing chain tensioner that I reckon was the problem in the first place. They sometimes get rattly at high mileage. Doesn't mean they are going to fail though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts