Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine turns over but does not start and the central locking indicator light is flashing, even with no key in ignition. Is there any sort of big reset I can do or (as I fear) is it a trip to the peugeot to re-program the keys?

·
Registered
862 Posts
This will re-program your key-

~ Turn the Ignition to the ON position using key No1

~ Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds.

~ take out the key and wait for 10 seconds.

~ Check that the Plip key operation works

~ Repeat process for additional keys

~ switch ignition off

·
Registered
412 Posts
If it was a immobilizer fault it would say on the centre display. Sounds like you need to get a diagnostic check first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've got a 51 plate 307, think my immobiliser has kicked in and just after ideas on how to get around it to get my car running again.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Immobilisers do not KICK IN they always work every time you remove the key your is not KICKING OUT :)

As said recode keys

·
Registered
91 Posts
get it on planet

get the car on planet check ur vin number if it all ppppppppppp
more than likely u need a bsi ecu ive seen it happen

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
The engine turns over but does not start and the central locking indicator light is flashing, even with no key in ignition. Is there any sort of big reset I can do or (as I fear) is it a trip to the peugeot to re-program the keys?
this thing i would do is unplug the grey and brown connectors from the back of the comms unit and put them back in making sure they are in properly and the try start the car if this does not work i would then try replace the transponder receiver on the ignition barrel this is the brown connector on the comms unit,

doing the reprogram procedure mentioned in this thread will only reprogram the remote central locking and this will not work unless the key has let you into the ecu ie immobilizer off also if it will not let you into the ecu then this is because the ecu is still locked because the key has not let you in

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
The post that mentions reprogram key is the resynching method not reprogram ,

If immo flashing you need to RECODE keys ,

this is usually because of a dead battery or clutch change .

unplugging anything or BSI reset won`t do anything ,

The pppppppp in BSI is usually down to losing configuration , try reconfiguring BSI or a Dealer download , if that doesn`t help BSI fried ,

But i would start with a Recode :nod:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My key won't turn in the ignition

I got in to my car after I quickly went out to get something. When I came back I put the key in to the ignition but the key won't even turn. Why is this? Am I doing something wrong? Earlier that day the EPS was just staying on and not going out after 3 seconds like it should. It wasn't untiI I had turned off the ignition and came back hours later that it had gone off. I had a smooth ride back home with no problems.I went in to get something and came back after 10 mins and the key would not turn in the ignition at all. It is almost as if it is locked or stiff. Please can you help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
peugeot 307 immobilzer problem

I have similar problem to what ibaress has or had except the entire electrical system has shut itself down. What happened a couple of months ago now is that I was driving the car to the islands pier but halfway there the engine misfired for a second then stopped altogether, I tried restarting the car but starter was turning slower than normal so i went and got help who also tried starting the car only to have the as I said entire electrical system shut down, no dash lights, no speedometer, nothing, I think the 52 reg peugeots have a major flaw in that the boot gate can not be opened once the car shuts off its electrical system because anyone who had a dog in the boot would have had to smash out the back window to get the dog out, By the way I have visited here before and read some of what has been said about key no1 stuff, what key no1?...been to the local dealer who said he knows nothing about that and is a completely useless dealer IMO

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I have similar problem to what ibaress has or had except the entire electrical system has shut itself down. What happened a couple of months ago now is that I was driving the car to the islands pier but halfway there the engine misfired for a second then stopped altogether, I tried restarting the car but starter was turning slower than normal so i went and got help who also tried starting the car only to have the as I said entire electrical system shut down, no dash lights, no speedometer, nothing, I think the 52 reg peugeots have a major flaw in that the boot gate can not be opened once the car shuts off its electrical system because anyone who had a dog in the boot would have had to smash out the back window to get the dog out, By the way I have visited here before and read some of what has been said about key no1 stuff, what key no1?...been to the local dealer who said he knows nothing about that and is a completely useless dealer IMO
You need to start testing voltages on the battery when stood and when cranking

Check all battery and engine and engine earth connections

Key in ignition turn on turn off open drivers door leaving the key in ignition does it beep

·
Registered
9 Posts

Key in ignition turn on turn off open drivers door leaving the key in ignition does it beep
just before the entire electrical system shut down yes if key left in
switch it would beep, after full electrical system shut down its
as quiet as a sleeping lamb and a few days before all this happened
the car was cranking very fast and willingly started anytime/anywhere
so I am not sure the battery is at fault however can I use the battery out
of my discovery to test it as that battery was bought this year

·
Registered
9 Posts

cranking the engine over?....how?....as I have stated, the entire electrical
system is dead, no cabin lights, no speedometer, no charge light, no oil pressure light, no starter, nothing, 110,000% all dead

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
cranking the engine over?....how?....as I have stated, the entire electrical
system is dead, no cabin lights, no speedometer, no charge light, no oil pressure light, no starter, nothing, 110,000% all dead
So what is the battery voltage as it is then?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So what is the battery voltage as it is then?
I do not now as I have no way of testing it however I did try using
today a battery that I had bought for a pajero (that would not
connect directly as the posts are opposite to what the 307 needs) to
at least find that the speedometer & tachometer reset themselves
and that the lcd thing for the mileage was showing again but turned
too weakly so i started the old pajero and connected up a set of
jump leads to the 307 which suddenly started turning moderately
quickish and ran for 3-5 seconds before stalling, why did the 307 refuse
to do that before with jump leads?....the 307s battery has been
disconnected all this time so did the 307 need that down time to
reset itself somehow?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sounds like your original battery is toast !!

As for your boot problem NO MODERN car will let you in the boot if the battery is dead its not just 52 reg 307s !!

Most cars nowadays have an electric boot release and a flat battery will stop you getting in simple sounds like your seeing a bigger problem than you really have check battery and both power connections and you will no doubt find a bad connection.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.