Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005, Peugeot, 307, manual
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought Peugeot 307 2005 1.6 16V and try to fix all the problems it has. The problem I stuck is, I can't select the climate zone or change the temp. I mean I can change it on the screen of the digital climate but nothing change in reality. First, I thought gears are gone for the climate controls but they are in mint condition. Then I realize servo motor that is suppose to turn the gears doesn't work. But the trick part is that they work from time to time. Servo motors are fine I guess, and now I am thinking maybe the cables are bad. I don't know what to do. I really appreciate all the help I can get

·
Registered
563 Posts
I just bought Peugeot 307 2005 1.6 16V and try to fix all the problems it has. The problem I stuck is, I can't select the climate zone or change the temp. I mean I can change it on the screen of the digital climate but nothing change in reality. First, I thought gears are gone for the climate controls but they are in mint condition. Then I realize servo motor that is suppose to turn the gears doesn't work. But the trick part is that they work from time to time. Servo motors are fine I guess, and now I am thinking maybe the cables are bad. I don't know what to do. I really appreciate all the help I can get
The servos are known to fail

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad plug connection. Is it possible to get at the plugs and disconnect then refit without full dash strip down?
apperantly yes you can.
but didn't work =(. What I will do is checking the condition of the cable from start to end to see if there are any bad part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apperantly it's caused by low battery. I changed the battery of the car this morning and every thing fixed its. I changed the body because throttle body was acting weird and one of the mechanic told me the check the problem. Sure enough battery was dead.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What is the difference between ECO and A/C mode?
In both scenarios:
a) when it is hot outside and you are clooling
b) when it is cold outside and you are warming.

Does eco model also cools in summer?
Does a/c mode also heats in winter? (I know it does, but what is the point of a/c mode in winder vs eco)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the difference between ECO and A/C mode?
In both scenarios:
a) when it is hot outside and you are clooling
b) when it is cold outside and you are warming.

Does eco model also cools in summer?
Does a/c mode also heats in winter? (I know it does, but what is the point of a/c mode in winder vs eco)
In eco mode your ac compressor doesn't work at all and you are only using the existing temp on your heating elements. So it works like home type ac kinda were you use the heating/cooling element with only fan without using compressor working to much

·
Registered
133 Posts
In eco mode your ac compressor doesn't work at all and you are only using the existing temp on your heating elements. So it works like home type ac kinda were you use the heating/cooling element with only fan without using compressor working to much
So you save fuel by using eco.
What is the downside? (as in why would you want to use A/c mode to heat your car in winter)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you save fuel by using eco.
What is the downside? (as in why would you want to use A/c mode to heat your car in winter)
In order to keep the temps in the desired interval;
For example your car runs at 70'C that means your heating element in the cabinet also runs at 70'C but you want to make the cabinet 25 degree. So you are basically using the ac to cool down the air coming from the heating element to desired temp. But after cooling element get cold you can switch to eco mode and save some fuel

·
Registered
133 Posts
In order to keep the temps in the desired interval;
For example your car runs at 70'C that means your heating element in the cabinet also runs at 70'C but you want to make the cabinet 25 degree. So you are basically using the ac to cool down the air coming from the heating element to desired temp. But after cooling element get cold you can switch to eco mode and save some fuel
In winter I have 21 degrees celsius set and always on eco.
It does not look that cabin temperature is rising much above it (let alone closer to 30,40 or even 70 degrees)

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Ref low battery I am sure that you would have had a lot more indications if the battery was the cause. Peugeot cars are very sensitive to its electrics and faults from all sources can be displayed. The one item that normally shows is poor starting and also limp mode can be initiated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ref low battery I am sure that you would have had a lot more indications if the battery was the cause. Peugeot cars are very sensitive to its electrics and faults from all sources can be displayed. The one item that normally shows is poor starting and also limp mode can be initiated.
I was feeling poor start but giving it to cold start. I was using car with a carburator before this car and it was a norm for me that having poor starts every morning. When battery started going bad, first thig that happened climate control flaps stop working with poor starts. then Throttle body acting weird(Idle was swaying all around). Then passenger airbag light starts coming on and of from start to start. I still need lots of thing to learn. I am tight on budget and try to do all the necessary maintenance by myself. Next think, I am planing to buy an OBD scanner that has bluetooth and start checking parameters of the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
If you had mentioned that in your first post then we could have saved you a visit to the garage. Info is all powerful for fault diagnosis purposes!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you had mentioned that in your first post then we could have saved you a visit to the garage. Info is all powerful for fault diagnosis purposes!
Yes, you are right about that. On the bright side he didn't charge me for that visit because I was a student =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts