Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All :D

Just bought a Peugeot 307CC and need to do the Rear Brake Pads tomorrow, does anyone have a diagram or picture (like they have in haynes manuals etc) of where to Jack the car up and put axle stands? I've had a quick squint underneath today ready and can't see nothing obvious like on normal cars - ie chassis rails or box section etc :nono:

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated :nod:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi All :D

Just bought a Peugeot 307CC and need to do the Rear Brake Pads tomorrow, does anyone have a diagram or picture (like they have in haynes manuals etc) of where to Jack the car up and put axle stands? I've had a quick squint underneath today ready and can't see nothing obvious like on normal cars - ie chassis rails or box section etc :nono:

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated :nod:
It is quite difficult to see the chasis but it is there and possible for jacking.

However I always trolley jack where the manual recommends; the metal under the door near each wheel.

Once raised with my trolley jack I slide a axle stand underneath and repeat on each side.

Simpliest and easiest method in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mate, I dont have a manual though - is it where the sort of aperture is cut of sill for original jack? and where do you put the axle stand?

thanks

Rich

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks Mate, I dont have a manual though - is it where the sort of aperture is cut of sill for original jack? and where do you put the axle stand?

thanks

Rich
Yes there is a slightly raised bit and those are the jacking points.

I slide my axle stand underneath quite close to that point on the same metal groove that runs along the side of the car.

Done many a job and never had a problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have a 307 sport (2006). Can you clarify that those thin jacking points running down each under side of the car wont bend or anything, they don't look up to the job :). I have a trolley jack and 2 axle stands, should i just apply some cushioning rags so as not to damage the sill and just go for it ?

The whole idea of wide axle/jack plates on thin sills seems odd but i guess that's what they're designed for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts