Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently bought a 2007 Peugeot 307 CC. I'm enjoying the car but have a problem with the multimedia unit, which is a RD3 (software version 6.62) with a full colour screen. When I change date/time this works fine but after restarting the car returns to the original date/time, i.e. does not store my changes. Also any other minor changes to settings I make seem to not be stored once I restart the car, e.g. turning off radio traffic signal updates or remembering the last track I was playing on a CD.

Grateful for any advice anyone has. Thanks.

Stu

·
5,670 Posts
If you mean RT3 (eg Satnav) not RD3 You need to replace the memory backup battery, you need to pull unit from dash and you will see a removable panel on the top with the battery below.

Other than that you either have a blown fuse, wiring or radio fault as the backup +12v is missing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick and very helpful response. Yes RT3 is what I meant, doh! I've had a look and can find the battery you refer to, and have found a replacement online for £30. Do you know if there's any way of checking the current battery's power level before buying a new one in case it's one of the other faults? Also do you know if is this a simple case of disconnecting and reconnecting the new battery or do I need any system codes or similar to restore any settings? Thanks. Stu

·
5,670 Posts
I think if you press and hold menu (to get map versions etc) as you scroll through the menus one will show the back-up battery status (not sure how good it is it allways used to show 100% on my old 307)

Battery should just unplug and new one plug in. It will work with new battery however the battery status message will stay wrong as it needs to reset with planet etc.

I think the battery pack is made up of 3x 3v lithium batterys so a generic pack may work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, you've been really helpful. I'll check replace the backup battery and hopefully all will be good :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts