Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Got a minor problem, just purchased a 307 cc 2.0 16V petrol on 2005 reg, when you start it up hot or cold it at it worse in the morning. The car will hesitate on pulling off. It drives nice it sits at around 850 rpm nicely so you wouldn't think nothing was wrong. I have put brand new Bosch spark plugs in the correct ones.
As the others was worn. Still hasn't cured it. The car has done around 96000 miles.
As i said it will only do it when you go to pull off everything, else runs nice, it does it below 1600 rpm give and take.
Thanks in advance.

PS
There no fault light at all.. i have looked in other post on this forum. but as most of the time . people just disappear and you dont get to find out what there fault was. but if i manage to solve the issue i will be getting back to you 100% . as this seems to be a common problem

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are not alone this seems to be a very common problem . Just out of interest has your car had the facelift or not. On to the fix:I had this problem with mine as documented in my earlier threads and after spending 1000s on it the problem was simple and very cheap to fix the problem lies with the butterfly valve on the manifold where all the gunk builds up and allows it to not move freely causing the car to hesitate all you need is some carb cleaner and a Phillips screwdriver , will post some pics when I have fully woke up ..... Hope it helps

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi many thanks for your zippy reply it is the none face lift it hasn't got spot lights or anything mirrors don't fold in automatically either . I will give that ago later. And I will let you know the out come . I have read somewhere this is a common fault and reading some post people have suggested a software update for the ecu.
Many thanks regards james

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for the late reply I have been out all day
Remove air duct at throttle body in pic Using flat head s driver

Open valve with fingers and spray with carb cleaner and wipe with cloth till it looks brand new

Start the car after 10 mins be aware the car may not start first time straight after take it for a drive and hope

Ps remember to screw the duct back on silly me?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I replaced them 2 days ago along with a new air filter. I only got the car Thursday .. I have put some cleaner down the throttle body and cleaned it. But don't seem like it had any effect. I'm just wondering if these cars have automatic choke does injection have this

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best check the basics then oil and filter but before that fill up with a tenner of bp ultimate on your way home then in the morning disconnect the throttle body electrical connector and start the car and allow it to idle for 5 mins DO NOT TOUCH THROTTLE then take it on a mixed road drive and if not just bay a litre of 5 w 40 oil from gsf if you have one nearby I use the vetech performance diesel 5w 40 it is fully synth. And only a fiver per bottle and yes mine is a petrol too just they take diesel oil kinda weird ??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will give it ago it not that bad to drive to be honest I would say it very minor. I'm wondering if it ote to do with the map sensor or the air intake sensor as when you the gut suggested above these are in reach of the carb cleaner so I'm wondering one them sensor have a slight fault

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys not forgot this issue . I have still got this problem I have tried everything above still no go. I have just brought a Peugeot diagbox /planet so hopefully when I installed it it might give me ansers . I will keep you all posted

·
Registered
596 Posts
Good luck :)

Hints with diagbox install:

It MUST SEE the network interfaces. Do not disable them, just unplug the cable/remove all wireless connections.

If it says to reboot, do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same Problem

2005 307cc 2.0 Petrol and having very similar problems. the only way I can describe it is that between gear changes in first and second it feels like someone has pressed the brake pedal! Only happens when at low revs and seems to be better once the car has warmed up...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got so bad...

... I ended up taking it to the loacal (non-pug) garage. They diagnosed a faulty MAP sensor - apparently a common fault. It might help someone else..?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi sorry this has took so long but my mystery is solved . It was the cluch all along what was causing this issue. I changed it at weekend and it fine now . Hope this helps

1 - 19 of 19 Posts