Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had a problem with the roll-over hoops and seatbelt pre-tensioners in our Peugeot 307 cc. The car was parked, started up OK then suddenly the roll-over hoops and front seatbelt pre-tensioners activated (my wife, who was alone in the car was terrified).
This is a dangerous (as well as expensive) fault. I hate to think what could have happened if this fault had activated while we were doing 70mph on the motorway.
Subsequently, the engine starts but cuts out after a few seconds, presumably because the car thinks that it's been in an accident (fuel cut-off).
The Peugeot garage (who have been very good by the way) have determined that the fault was due to water activating the roll-over hoops Electronic Control Unit (ECU) and that we need to replace the airbage ECU, both front seatbelts, the roll-over hoops ECU and both roll-over hoops - at a cost of around £3000. I'm not convinced that they are 100% sure that the car will start even then.
I can't believe that this is the only time this fault has occurred on this model, so is there anyone who has had a similar experience or has a view on the proposed repair action?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts