Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a Peugeot 307 1.6 s 2005 from a main dealer - I have immediately noticed a buzzing noise coming through the steering wheel - it buzzes whenever the engine comes on. I took it back to the dealer & they checked it out, but just said it was the normal noise of the electrical power steering. I don't know enough about cars or peugeots specifically to know if this is true, so insisted I listen to 3 other cars of simliar age/model in the garage - they went from no noise at all to similar noise, although mine was worse. They said it was just how it will always be and replacing anything to do with the steering won't make any difference - are they fobbing me off? should I pursue?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

G

·
Hi

I have never heard the power steering pump on my 307 or any other, although I have on other cars with electric pumps.

You could confirm it is the pump by removing the fuse I guess.

I assume you only hear it at idle... that I think, would be acceptable.

David

G

·
Mine has a constant whirring noise, most apparent when doing manouvers etc, also hear it quite a lot when pulling up at lights

As long as you have no leaks and the steering operation is smooth then i wouldnt worry about it, but that is up to your judgement :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The only buzzing I hear is when I stick my key into the ignition without turning the key. Not sure what that is either but its weird as all I've done is stick it in. Its pretty normal for girls to buzz in this situation but carwise im not too sure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts