Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, I use a Peugeot 307 2002 old model, my car refused to start and after so many attempt I asked a Peugeot expert to check it. After scanning it, he told me my BSI is spoilt that water has gotten into it so I will need to get another complete brain box. We have been trying to get the brain box but is scarce here but me reading through a thread post and saying BSI can be fixed is what I really want to know. Can the BSI really be fixed?

·
7,923 Posts
You maybe better off to go for a ECU&BSI kit from eBay or similar. Other than that you need the same part no BSI and then need to read or remove the eeprom chip and swap/write to the replacement BSI.

Are you 100% BSI is damaged and it has just not got corrupted and lost key codes

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You maybe better off to go for a ECU&BSI kit from eBay or similar. Other than that you need the same part no BSI and then need to read or remove the eeprom chip and swap/write to the replacement BSI.

Are you 100% BSI is damaged and it has just not got corrupted and lost key codes
Thanks for your response, yes it was checked by a peugeot rewire expert and he told me the BSI is damaged due to the water that got into it because water use to be in my car after it rain and he also told me the water enter the car through the wind screen side and he said I will need to seal the edges of my windscreen to avoid the rain water getting into the car. So he said the BSI got damage due to the water that got into it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is wet you could try drying it out on a radiator for a day or two. It worked for me.
Is not even wet, but the rewire told me it is damaged after scanning the car with his computer and said is due to the water that got into it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Spoke with my rewire and asked him about repairing the BSI but he said he doesn't know anything about that and dont know if it can't be fix or anyone that repair BSI. But funny enough, we can't find the complete brain box of my car engine in the market here cause it is scarce

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
As suggested remove the bsi and place it on a radiator for a day or two to dry it out unless you live in a hot climate and if so just let the sun do its job! Try that first before getting into the next stage which can be very complicated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As suggested remove the bsi and place it on a radiator for a day or two to dry it out unless you live in a hot climate and if so just let the sun do its job! Try that first before getting into the next stage which can be very complicated.
I'm a Nigerian and the sun comes out every day here for this period, may be I will try that but the car was abandoned since it got the issue and is been yrs now

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

That is the picture of my car BSI

·
Registered
436 Posts
As madbadandold says, change all of the fuses and give the plug sockets a good clean. It certainly will not work the way it is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looking at your photos apart for the state of the fuses the main thing I noticed is that all connectors except for right hand connector (labelled PP VERT) in bottom photo look quite clean. It looks to me that water has travelled along the cable and into connector PP VERT. There are some corrosion deposits in this connector, which are most likely, conductive. Hence, it would be worth cleaning that connector with a cotton bud and some alcohol (e.g. isopropanol).

The BSI is one of two computers in the car. The other is the ECU. The BSI controls the accessories, lights, ABS, power steering, electric windows, central locking displays, etc. However, the BSI also controls the immobiliser, which turns the fuel pump off. Hence, if there is a problem with the BSI it is likely the starter motor will crank the engine but the engine will not start.

I would try cleaning connector PP VERT and check all the fuses and replace any that are damaged. After that if things such as the radio, lights and indicators are working there is a reasonable chance the BSI is okay. You can also try the beep test – leave the key in the ignition in the off position and open the driver’s door. You should get a warning tone.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the reply. The rewire has refused to do anything and keep telling me the BSI is damaged so I needed to get another complete brain box but the problem now is that I can't even find my car type of brain box in the market at the moment.

The car only role when I tried to ignite it then but doesn't start before the peugeot expert came to scan the car and told me is the BSI that is damaged and is been over 4yrs now cause the car has been abandoned since then.
Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The rewire has refused to do anything and keep telling me the BSI is damaged so I needed to get another complete brain box but the problem now is that I can't even find my car type of brain box in the market at the moment.

The car only role when I tried to ignite it then but doesn't start before the peugeot expert came to scan the car and told me is the BSI that is damaged and is been over 4yrs now cause the car has been abandoned since then.
Thanks
Even if you could find a new BSI it's not simply a case of installing it. If it's from another car is needs to have its memory cleared and reprogrammed. As Windy suggested it would be better to replace the BSI and ECU with a matched pair. You will also need new keys which will also require programming.

I agree with patspiercing it's worth trying to clean the existing BSI.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Clean the BSI that you have got. You have nothing to lose!
The rewire did that already when he discovered that is the problem with the car refusing to start and have asked him to come and try it again but he insist it won't work cause it is damage

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It seems he does not fully understand our advice or he has already "cleaned" it!
He did the cleaning some years ago when he discovered the BSI is the problem after scanning it and I told him to come and try it again but he said it won't work that is a new complete brain box I will get

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Even if you could find a new BSI it's not simply a case of installing it. If it's from another car is needs to have its memory cleared and reprogrammed. As Windy suggested it would be better to replace the BSI and ECU with a matched pair. You will also need new keys which will also require programming.

I agree with patspiercing it's worth trying to clean the existing BSI.
He even said is a complete one I will need to get cause if I get just the BSI that it won't work

1 - 20 of 63 Posts