Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my names Peter, and this is my first post on this forum so be gentle with me,i have just purchased my first Peugeot 307 (06 plate) 1.6 petrol, just getting it up together.
I purchased a new battery for it, Exide 012 as every parts catalogue and battery supplier recommends , but when I took it to my local mechanic he told me its the wrong one.
The battery on there is an 027 which is listed for the 2.0 petrol, and diesel models.
Should I go ahead and fit the Exide 012 or get an 027 instead.
I'm no electrical mechanic, and was unsure which one to go for.
Not sure of any damage that could occur fitting the wrong one.
Look forward to hearing from you. Thank You P.P.

·
Registered
174 Posts
AFAIK the 012 is correct for all petrol models other than the 2.0 petrol engine which requires the 027 battery as do all the diesel engine models.
So if your car has the 027 fitted all well and good but the 012 will suffice as it's the correct specified one for your petrol 307. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
the difference in the batteries is amperage and cold cranking amps CCA I uprated my battery to a better CCA due to it being diesel it will crank better in winter the normal battery will probably be OK on a 1.6 petrol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery Issue

A big thanks to all you guys for your advice about the battery,
As you all say the 012 is the listed battery, so that's the one going on there.
Regards
Pete:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
some people put bigger batteries on and sometimes you can get a bigger battery for cheaper and as long as its not smaller than the listed one and it will physically fit then don't worry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts