Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 307 SW Petrol model with the Tiptronic Transmission have recently started to give me problems. It starts okay and drives off ok but once I come to a stop it gives a learching motion and seems to engage 2nd gear. When it does this if I put the car in manual mode it still displays the D and not 1 so I have to put it back in Drive. When driving off it moves off very sluggish and if I press hard it jerks at times. I have changed the transmission fluid with no effect, I was told it might be the MAP sensor. Anyone has the answer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, I haven't done anything to it as yet as I was dealing with getting the left front and right rear wheel bearings changed. I forgot to mention that after 10 minutes of driving 'Automatic Gear Fault' comes up on the display.

This car was a company's vehicle before I bought it and it had the transmission changed a year before I bought it in 2007 by the dealers. Its only done about 42000 miles all together and I suspect about 17000 miles at max with this new transmission. I really don't know what is going on here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
prayyying you get this message... ive had EXACTLY the same problem, exactly the same car. i slow down for a junction ect, the car jolts violently.... this has been going on for a year-
i took it to peugeot garage and they said there is nothing wrong with it, and i quote 'its the way you are driving' i also had the automatic gear fault, but since i took it to them it has gone. i was within my warenty when i took it but they were addament nothing was wrong as it didnt jolt when they took it for a test drive. now the warrenty has gone :(
just recently it struggles to even find a gear and just leaves me struggling to move in the middle of junctions and roundabouts. it really is a death trap at the moment.

what happend with yours?? how much did it cost. im petrified its guna have to be a gear box change. really cant afford this! i love the car otherwise and dont want to sell, but its looking likely, with two children i cant even drive the thing now. please could you email me back- on here or liz_mellors @ hotmail.co.uk just to let me know what happend in your case. thankyou

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi i know i am probly late with this fix but u need to get planet to read the fault code! most likely it is the solenoid valves little or to much oil!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gearbox fault

hey, was wandering if anyone can help me my car has messed up it keeps on saying 'automatic gearbox fault' ive replaced the pressure regulation solenoid and currently awaiting the transmission fluid before i start it back up to see if the problem has gone but does anybody have any information that can help me understand a little more about it please?:)

D

·
0 Posts
There are software uodates to sort alot of problems with this gearbox. Dealer only.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm having EXACTLY the same issue as the OP! And I mean exactly- what was the result if your issue? Did you get it fixed, if so what was the cause?

·
Registered
1 Posts
low or too much transmission oil

my experience with my 307sw 2.0l 2007 model is if you put too much transmission oil, error will flash. too less you'll hear a thud when changing gears. much less, you will loose automatic and would have to use the manual when driving. check the oil seal for the transmission, it might be leaking causing oil level to go down. use original peugeot transmission oil. spent too much on that freiking car!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I have a 2002 peugeot 307 and i had these problems. I took it to a transmission place. got new solenoids ($500 later). fixed my problem of choppy gears but everything went to worse. we attempted a new valve body. No go. Getting a new CPU for the car and awaiting part arrival.

This process has taken me over 12months.... I might sound like a negative ninny... but sell the car. it isnt worth the time or money. This is my first car i bought it for twice its worth at a second hand dealer. i have had nothing but problems with this car.

If it seems okay. try and sell it or trade it in before it gets worse, because it WILL!

·
Registered
8 Posts
307sw drive lag

Hi guys. Anytime i try to move my car (307sw) off say at a junction, there's a little delay about 2-3 seconds. After some research i thought it could be low atf level. i recently changed the atf but same problems. Help!!!:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
my experience with my 307sw 2.0l 2007 model is if you put too much transmission oil, error will flash. too less you'll hear a thud when changing gears. much less, you will loose automatic and would have to use the manual when driving. check the oil seal for the transmission, it might be leaking causing oil level to go down. use original peugeot transmission oil. spent too much on that freiking car!!!
Got same car. my prob is there's a lag when i'm moving off in D. I recently changed the automatic trans. fluid

1 - 17 of 17 Posts