Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for a while now i have had ABS fault come and go i have gone around all the sensors to check for common corrosion fault and cleaned about a hundred miles later ABS fault again,
i finally had it checked for free at at garage and the software stated the main abs system at fault,so i replaced the control module on the top of the ABS pump and 600 miles later i have the fault return the brakes all seem to be in good working order ive tried skid tests on gravel in the wet all is good would the pump cause this problem? this fault is realy doing my head in any help i would be gratefull Regards Paul

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Your brakes will work fine regardless of an ABS fault once the system sees a fault it switches the ABS off

ALL thats not working is the ABS it wont affect the actual braking ability the ABS is an additional system added to the brakes

As you already know there are a huge amount of reasons for ABS faults on the 307.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply ill have to nip down to the garage again and get him to check again and get the fault codes,i thought it was fixed after changing the control unit as the fault would only apear once a month and it only happens when your foot is just slightly touching the pedal at crawling speed in car parks and its been 3 months since i changed it unless the part from scrapyard is faulty anyway soon as i get time ill go to the garage. Regards Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having similar issue. Abs esp. it has been intermittent but nor permanent. Checking and cleaned sensors and pump plug. Very sluggish rolling from standstill , i.e., put foot right down and it slow pulling away. Whilst abs esp fault up I get gearbox faulty on regular basis. However, not an issue when abs lights out. In what way is that connected?

This has been ongoing since xmas got not in few weeks so got to get bottom of it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Forgot to say using odb reader connected to laptop no fault r shown to indicate abs, only invalid data when gearbox goes to fault

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
could still be a sensor. i fixed a members on here that the garage said would read the right speed so not the sensors.

took it for a test drive. at 30mph one of the sensors blipped causing the light. sensor cleaned and all ok.

was the new module new. could be failed too

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had an abs malfunction on mine, wouldnt come up on my obd reader (mines a cheap one)
anyway, i cleaned all the sensors, turned out it wasn't that, it was a bolt stuck between the rear sensor and hub, the sensor was trying to read the bolt if that makes sense? so it threw up a christmas tree on the dash...
could be something similar? or a bad connection to a sensor?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Get it on PP2k as it will tell give you more specific information.

Also, it's a common problem that the brake pedal switch fails. It's located on the passenger side (remember, it's designed to be right hand drive)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts