Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had a mate drive my peugeot 307 2ltr hdi 53 plate and he reckons the turbo doesnt seem to be kicking in. What are the symptoms of a non working turbo and would this not throw up a dash warning message or engine light ?
My car has poor acceleration and always takes about 8-10 seconds before starting in morning. No warning lights or dash message other than diesel additive minimum level.
Its the RHSDW10ATED engine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There wont be any warning messages unless the controlling valve for the turbo is not working electricly. the turbo is air controlled on this model and could be as simple as a leaking hose(or more likely faulty electrovalve)
Get the DPF looked at, solutions are on this forum. the low fluid warning is only a calculated warning(as there is no level sensor in the eloys tank)so the fluid could have run out a long time ago. And the DPF is now partly blocked.
Get a decent diagnosic and look at the Fuel pressure cranking (min 298 bar to start) and the DPF pressure Difference anything over 30mb difference @3000 rpm is bad news. And it'll need to come off. :(

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi, I had a mate drive my peugeot 307 2ltr hdi 53 plate and he reckons the turbo doesnt seem to be kicking in. What are the symptoms of a non working turbo and would this not throw up a dash warning message or engine light ?
My car has poor acceleration and always takes about 8-10 seconds before starting in morning. No warning lights or dash message other than diesel additive minimum level.
Its the RHSDW10ATED engine.
get the codes read on planet have a search there is a map somewhere on here but it could be fuel related, exhaust related, turbo related or egr related you could try take rubber pipe off egr and block the pipe with something like a golf tee

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for all this info its much appreciated. I have tried to find someone with peugeot planet both on here and by placing ads locally but no joy or replies so far.
The car drives pretty well and gets up to speed gradually rather than quickly. The additive fluid was topped up last year.
Its only just turned 80k. I would have thought limp mode would display on dash and wouldnt allow car to achieve over 70k ?
I want to try the EGR pipe excercise are there any pictures on here ?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Thanks very much for all this info its much appreciated. I have tried to find someone with peugeot planet both on here and by placing ads locally but no joy or replies so far.
The car drives pretty well and gets up to speed gradually rather than quickly. The additive fluid was topped up last year.
Its only just turned 80k. I would have thought limp mode would display on dash and wouldnt allow car to achieve over 70k ?
its on the back left corner of the engine, you could always buy a cable for pp2000 and do it your self

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I almost did buy a PPlanet kit but there seems to be a statement on some of the ebay and amazon ads that puts me off. It says it wont work with some peugeot 307's. Any idea why this would be the case and if mine is one of the unsupported ones ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
The eloys counter needs to be reset to zero with a planet or high end diagnostic tool( snap on solaris or similar) it will not inject if it thinks tank is empty. you'll prob need work on dpf, depending on budget and preference.:nod:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes I almost did buy a PPlanet kit but there seems to be a statement on some of the ebay and amazon ads that puts me off. It says it wont work with some peugeot 307's. Any idea why this would be the case and if mine is one of the unsupported ones ?
Planet has been ok on all 307 i ever have worked, my elm327 works on my 53 plate 307 but not my 51 plate(both hdi's):confused:
Yours is VAN protocol and when you use planet you have to select this when it won't auto connect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts