Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On themselves and discharged my new battery, some times the switch can not turned them off. maybe BSI electronic card or computer need a reset, how to do reset?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Had the same problem with my car. It was the headlight relay stuck.
This is located on the base of the fuse box under the bonnet.
The easy fix is to change the complete fusebox. Simple job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already done booting the BSI computer I doubt if it will help,

I always keep a spare battery booster :confused:, after finding the relevant Relay I will inform my electrical test results, I suspect with intermittent contacts of this relay, thank you all...

·
Registered
294 Posts
You will not be able to find the relay as it is built into the fusebox. Unfortunately the only way to check it is to replace it. I fitted a secondhand one that I got from a breakers. It only cost me 15 Euros if I remember correctly.
On my car the headlights were on permanently, the only way to turn them off was to take out the fuses.

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
I agree sounds like you need a replacement fusebox the electrical system works in the reverse of what you think the lights wipers etc are on in the fusebox relay and the com switch turns the circuit off so any lack of power actually switches things on !

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree sounds like you need a replacement fusebox the electrical system works in the reverse of what you think the lights wipers etc are on in the fusebox relay and the com switch turns the circuit off so any lack of power actually switches things on !
Don't you just love French electrics! I've been driving Citroens and Peugeots for years and they still throw up something that surprises me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The headlights problem was solved by reset the BSI unit but

I have another problem :eek: - The car won't start in P (i.e. No Cranking), I'll change the Multi Functional Unit Switch which attached to the Gear Box (also called NSS).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just came back from the garage

The MULTI FUNCTIONAL Switch was replaced and the engine starts ok.:)
All cost me only 702 Shekels :yay:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts