Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I'm new here and new to owning cars so firstly apologies if it seems I'm a little thick with regards cars, so I have recently purchased a 2003 307 Hdi and it has an airbag fault on. Unofrtunately i don't have peugeot planet as i have read can be very useful in this situation to locate the fault.

After doing a bit of reading on here it seems a comman fault if for the connectors under the seat to become loose so i checked them out. As you can see from the two pics the drivers side has more cables connected and the wire that is missing seems to go into the seat belt clip, however teh other seat doesnt have this link going through to the other seat belt clip.

So couple of question, could this missing wire be the fault? Do the wires on the two pics look as if they are wired up correctly? Do the pics look like someone has already had a go at fixing the airbag fault by connecting the wires directly? (Which i read is an easy fix for teh problem)

Any help is much appreciated with this issue even if the best advice i get is to take it to Peugeot dealer. To be honest i don't know anything about cars so your advice is better than what i know.

Regards Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Drivers seat has a seatbelt pretensioner in the locking clasp while the passenger seat doesn't. This is because the steering wheel is closer to the drivers chest than the dash is to the passenger so helps to secure the driver in the seat to prevent injury.

The three wires go to the airbag unit. Trigger positive and ground plus an earth to the airbag case. It looks as though someone has had issues before and replaced the plug & socket for the bullet connectors.

No need to take it to the dealers for a diagnostic if you can find a member with the diagnostic kit who lives near you to have a look for a few beer toikens. Getting the diagnostic check could help direct you in the right direction. While under seat connectors do cause problems they are not the only reason why airbag warning lights come on.

Just a thought, do you get messages on the multi function display or is it just an airbag light on the dash. Could be as simple as the front passenger airbag has been disabled and is easily rectified by turning the switch with the ignition key. Airbag switch is the red switch at the rear end of the centre console.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response I have tried disabling the passenger airbag but it still gives the fault and also displays the disabled notification, it is on the multi function display

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.

Please can you add your address to your details on the left, maybe someone local can help with Planet diagnostics and pin-point the suspect air-bag..:thumb:

Kelv.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice have done that now although took a bit of working out, and also thanks storeman for clearing up that I don't have a missing wire :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts