Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone sorted one problem now I've another that I've only just noticed, my radiator fan is not working when car is getting to nearly 100 on temperature, although when air con is turned on the fan comes on . I've changed so far the thermostat, temperature sensor in engine block , and also swapped the 2 relays round on radiator and they both work when switched round so not relays. Checked the fuses behind ecu and they all fine apart from number 6 is empty but I believe I'm right in saying it should be empty , can anyone help me further please. Also I've had on pp to try them and high speed comes on when tested but not low speed... Forgot to add this is the fault code it slung up but I'm wondering if this has showed because swap around of the 2 relays code p0485

·
Registered
165 Posts
these do run hot, I think low speed fan is around 95 or 100 c and high speed fan runs at 110 c. The fan is controlled by ecu, the wiring loom on the fan housing is notorious for corrosion, failing that i believe the relays use a ballast resistor on the fan to achieve low speed. :nod: so that may not be running.
If you have suitable diagnostic equipment you can check the fan works at high and low speed. My planet/diagbox and my autocom can do this. :thumb:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for replying, what I done was because I knew high speeds working with air con when switched on . I took the low speed relay that I thought was duff into the high speed / air con relay and it flicked straight on so that out rules the low speed relay , I took it right round to around 105 degrees and nothing happened, we're is the resistor and what does it do exactly

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its On the radiator housing, item 7. it reduces the voltage fed to the fan and so reduces speed. if it is or the wiring to it is burnt out you won't have a slow speed. they aren't that expensive

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts